I have stayed at 53 Frederick Street a number of times over the past few years and always enjoy my visits - it's comfortable, clean, and the rooms are nicely furnished and well-equipped. The location is perfect. Best of all is that the staff are so friendly and helpful. Recently I stayed there over the Christmas holiday, while visiting family in Edinburgh. On Christmas Day and Boxing Day, when Rick's (where breakfast is usually served) was closed, David and Tessa provided a splendid breakfast of juices, cold meats, cheese, pastries, etc. (and Buck's Fizz on Christmas Day) in the sitting room, which was very festive with a Christmas tree and decorations. The number of stairs might be a problem for elderly people, but help is available to carry suitcases.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland