My sister and I stayed at 53 Frederick Street for two nights earlier this month. David (the owner) was helpful and friendly from start to finish and even let us leave our bags at the B&B after checking out so that we could make the most of our last day (we didn't fly until early evening).
The location is great - and even though you're right in the middle of the city, you don't hear any noise at all. The room we stayed in (at the front of the house) was spacious and clean, and breakfast was lovely. I'd highly recommend staying here - just be warned you have to be reasonably fit to navigate the stairs up to the B&B if you're carrying luggage with you!
(If you get chance, have dinner at The Witchery restaurant near the castle - it's an amazing place and they do a great pre-theatre menu that's very reasonable).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland