“It's a great bar!”
Review of Scotsman's Lounge

Scotsman's Lounge
Ranked #37 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It is what it is. Working class people. Salt of the earth! Great in the am (quiet), after golf, and in the evening for live music. Can't wait to get back!

3  Thank Michael S

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Went here with family friends, one of our female friends tried to open a door to let some cool in air into the bar as it was so hot inside, at this point the barman charged over and began very aggressively shouting at her. I have been to alot of bar's all around the world and I have never seen anything like it. I can honestly say that I was shocked to see that someone working in that environment could be so unprofessional. I would strongly urge anyone thinking of visiting this to bar to avoid.

8  Thank Flying_Scotzman
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I visited the Scotsman's Lounge on the 14th August with my wife. Dry Martini & Lemonade, one pint of lager & lime. Cost £7.05. The dash of lemonade was £0.75 alone. This wasn't a bottle or a can. It was a syrup, fed and squirted from the gun. Straw. No, don't have any. Slice of lemon for the ladies drink. No don't have any. Receipt. No that's not possible. Where are your advertised prices. Ah, you have guessed it...None. By the way, I won't mention the toilet facilities. The Abysmal owner's response is detailed on the attached photograph.A shocking response to an elderly couples first visit to the Edinburgh Festival.

6  Thank Eilselsebrof
licensee, Owner at Scotsman's Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

This is a regurgitated review from Facebook by the same person. I replied many times to the concerns raised and supplied information to the reviewer including an invitation to revisit or contact me to sort the issue out. Unfortunately he relies on posting untruths on social media and basis his story on non facts. We pride ourselves in providing an atmosphere where people can enjoy themselves at a fair and reasonable price conforming to local and national licensing laws. People such as the contributor are able to post their views with a level of protection not afforded to the business concerned. Again today I made the offer of a return visit since he does not live too far away and I await his response.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

had friends up visiting from london and ended up here both nights as the welcome was so good.. great staff and atmosphere.. go have a ball..

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The idiot behind the bar grabbed our female friends hand when she attempted to open the door a bit as the temperature in the bar was uncomfortable. He watched as she tried to open the door and then run up to her and actually grabbed her hand and threw it off and then proceeded to scream right in her face. This is truly appalling as not only were we with our friends who have lived in Edinburgh most of their lives, but we were with a party of ten which obviously is a lot of money and drinks for the pub, he obviously has no common sense. The guy was sexist, racist, and I hope the owner of the bar reads this. We visited on 17 July around 2100.

This man should be fired, all he needed to do was politely ask not to open the door, instead he physically and verbally assaulted a patron. Never going back to this terrible bar. Clearly this is downtown and you should welcome tourists, i read reviews that the locals like it looking like a dump which is ridiculous, but the local bar in my town actually treats any and all patrons with dignity and respect.

5  Thank Steve G
licensee, Owner at Scotsman's Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Many thanks for bringing this matter to my attention. I'm afraid that it has been some time since I checked trip advisor. Firstly let me apologise for the behaviour of the member of staff involved. This should not have happened and it has obviously spoiled your evening. I can assure you that this is not the way my staff normally behave and incidents such as the one experienced are rare. Again sorry and if you are ever in Edinburgh again please email me and at least allow me to try and make it up to you, As ever all feedback is welcome it is impossible for me to be present all day but the staff should behave in a manner that welcomes visitors.