“Superb”

Ranked #47 of 214 Nightlife in Edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Superb”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Me and the wife found this pub after a concert and its superb. Staff great and the singer acoustic dave is some chanter. The whole pub ended up bouncing up and down to loch lomond we had a great night and will be back. Great little pub folks give it a visit. Heading home to the bonnie banks now. Cheers for a great night! !!

Visited December 2013

Steinkjer, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made my trip”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Me and my boyfriend was in Edinburgh with a lot of other people, wandered off and fell over this place one early afternoon. Liked the authentic old-brown-pub-look, took a beer and a whisky each and waddled on. The next night we thought we would just stop by, take a whisky and go packing to go home. But then there was this great live band (Rantum Scantum), a few more beers and whiskies was bought (also some for the band), and the 20 minutes we agreed on turned into 5 hours of laughter, singing, great atmosphere and memories of a lifetime. Both me and my boyfriend agreed upon that it was The Scotsmans Lounge, that night, with those people which made the trip go from a good 9 to a great, solid, shining 10.
As for prices, we didn't think much of it, as coming from Norway makes everything seem a bit cheaper than home.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank SisterSyringe
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“It's a great bar!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It is what it is. Working class people. Salt of the earth! Great in the am (quiet), after golf, and in the evening for live music. Can't wait to get back!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Michael S
Edinburgh
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Shocking Service - Do not go to this bar”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Went here with family friends, one of our female friends tried to open a door to let some cool in air into the bar as it was so hot inside, at this point the barman charged over and began very aggressively shouting at her. I have been to alot of bar's all around the world and I have never seen anything like it. I can honestly say that I was shocked to see that someone working in that environment could be so unprofessional. I would strongly urge anyone thinking of visiting this to bar to avoid.

Visited July 2013
8 Thank Flying_Scotzman
Houston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Expensive Prices-Poor Service”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I visited the Scotsman's Lounge on the 14th August with my wife. Dry Martini & Lemonade, one pint of lager & lime. Cost £7.05. The dash of lemonade was £0.75 alone. This wasn't a bottle or a can. It was a syrup, fed and squirted from the gun. Straw. No, don't have any. Slice of lemon for the ladies drink. No don't have any. Receipt. No that's not possible. Where are your advertised prices. Ah, you have guessed it...None. By the way, I won't mention the toilet facilities. The Abysmal owner's response is detailed on the attached photograph.A shocking response to an elderly couples first visit to the Edinburgh Festival.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank Eilselsebrof
licensee, Owner at Scotsman's Lounge, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
This is a regurgitated review from Facebook by the same person. I replied many times to the concerns raised and supplied information to the reviewer including an invitation to revisit or contact me to sort the issue out. Unfortunately he relies on posting untruths on social media and basis his story on non facts. We pride ourselves in providing an atmosphere where people can enjoy themselves at a fair and reasonable price conforming to local and national licensing laws. People such as the contributor are able to post their views with a level of protection not afforded to the business concerned. Again today I made the offer of a return visit since he does not live too far away and I await his response.