“yummy ice cream”

Ranked #46 of 66 Dessert in Edinburgh
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I visited Cafe Nardini with my children and we were welcomed by the staff in a friendly yet very professional way. My children's ice creams were delicious and so the cake I had. A big thank you to Maddalena and her staff. We will call in again next time we are in Edinburgh, hopefully soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Took 4 kids for sundaes.
As I was bringing 4 kids in I didn't notice the sign that said order at till and waited for 20 mins, my fault but they could have said as I was quite distracted...
I orderded at till, leaving 4 under 8's on their own and the girl wanted me to wait at the till as she made them, she seemed put out that I wanted to sit back down and look after a load of minors. Table service isn't hard!!!
Waited 20 mins and 4 ice creams came, but they were made in got glasses that were left on the counter for 10 mins. All the icre was totally melted.
The waiter put them down and I said they were melted and the glasses were hot and he said they weren't! I'm a liar apparently! He got balshy in front of the kids, I asked his to touch the glasses and guess what? HOT!
I'm no expert in serving ice cream but hot receptacles probably not best.
£35 of slush!
Mine was tiny and 100 miles from the picture on the menu and fresh fruit doesn't come from a tin!! I'm going back to Luca's and their 100 years experience.
FAIL !!!!

2  Thank Theadvice
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited Nardini's on Saturday afternoon and had a hot Daim sundae and a (non hot) raspberry sorbet and raspberry ripple sundae. All of the ice creams were truly delicious, with the Daim sundae being especially lovely with plenty of pieces of Daim and a decent amount of the hot fudge sauce too.

While the waiters were all polite and friendly, the visit was let down by some issues with the service. When we placed our order at the till the waiter took down my order (which was a sundae from the menu) and gave me a little buzzer which would go off when it was ready to be collected, however when she took my girlfriend's order (with her own choice of ingredients) she made it straight away, and started chucking in the ice cream before the latter had a chance to say what else she wanted, i.e. in the way of toppings etc. So my girlfriend had her ice cream when mine wasn't even being made yet; meaning that rather than having our ice creams at the same time, she had hers two or three minutes earlier.

This problem was exacerbated by the fact that the ice cream was served in a warm glass, and thus melted far more quickly than if it was served in an appropriate dish. An inability to serve cold consumables in non-warm glasses was evident again when we ordered a coke and an irn-bru and they came in glasses so warm that the ice had melted to leave three fingers of water in the tumblers by the time the waiter dropped them at our table (which he did very promptly). I'm sure they would have sorted this out had we said anything (as the bottles were nice and cold we just drank from them) but it's just odd that what one would think would be a cardinal rule in an ice-cream parlour (i.e. use cold glasses) seemed alien to the folk at Nardini's.

The fact that the prices are on the expensive side (thirteen odd quid for our ice creams and, less reasonably, £4.50 for two 300ml bottles of juice) makes these kinds of errors a little less tolerable. Still lovely ice cream, which would be worth the cost (and merit a higher score) if the little problems were ironed out.

3  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Being a lover of the Nardini's ice-cream parlour in Largs, I was ecstatic when the branch in Edinburgh opened. Recently had the peanut butter sundae which was delicious! So many sundaes to try from mint chocolate to chocolate orange...
Need to try them all. Not to mention the unique selection of Italian ice-cream scoop flavours including kinder bueno. The selection of Italian paninis and cakes looked very appetising. All in all, whether you want a lunch, coffee or just ice-cream, Nardini's is a great place to go. Although nothing can beat the original parlour in Largs, Ayrshire.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

While waiting on my car being serviced I couldn't resist trying out nardini's and see what it is like for myself.
I got a one scoop pistacchio ice cream and a latte WOW.
10/10 lovely atmosphere kid friendly very friendly staff Leo and Madjid know there stuff true gentlemem value for money it is a must try .
I will be bringing my 4 year old
Granddaughter here for sure even if she doesn't want.