“Microwaved food...”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
“Microwaved food...”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Went to visit this restaurant again after their opening night when they had free delish samplers. Was actually pretty excited and took a couple of friends along with me. We were served immediately by an Indian waitress who happened to speak my mother tongue, Tamil, which was fabby. Drinks were quick to arrive but food took FOREVER. They weren't even full... maybe three or four tables. I think the waitress took pity on us and refilled our chip bowls without us asking. But when the food did arrive, it was nothing like the stuff we had on opening night. The food had odd cold spots and we managed to catch the cook/chef sticking our gulab jamun dessert in a MICROWAVE! Quite appalled by this restaurant actually. The owner seemed all right and asked us how our food was... just didn't have the heart to tell her it was borderline awful. If you're cheaping out, at least do it where no one else can see it. Sad that I raved about this restaurant and it disappointed.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nicki S
Bindi_Edinburgh, Manager at Bindi Edinburgh, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bindi Edinburgh and for revisiting with friends. I am extremely disappointed that your recent visit fell short of your expectations - we take all reviews very seriously.

The title of your review is misleading for prospective customers and is not a fair representation of our food as we pride ourselves on freshly preparing all of our dishes daily using the freshest of ingredients. Moreover, I personally hold cookery classes on a regular basis where food is prepared from scratch for participants and all stages of the meal preparation explained in detail.

I would like to extend to you, an invitation to revisit us with a guest to sample some our food at no cost to you and a tour of our kitchen. Please e-mail hello@bindiedinburgh.com to arrange a time for this.

We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed the opening night and we hope to be able to recreate the positive experience you initially had at the restaurant.

Kind Regards,

Bindi

“Authentic Indian Food”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was recommended this place by a friend who said it was a hidden gem and he was right! Loved the food and the service, couldn't have asked for more homely food. The thali was amazing. Even my girlfriend who usually doesn't like Indian food, loved it. Can't wait to go back for more.

3 Thank Jignesh G
“Ok, not great.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Good and friendly service. Food is very average. It was quite disconcerting to hear a microwave ping in the background and then receive cold food. In particular our samosas were almost warm on the outside and fridge cold on the inside.
Some of the flavour combinations were good but too much cold (and some bland) food was received.
I've given it 3 stars because the masala coffee and the Moroccan tea was very tasty.

• Visited November 2013
Bindi_Edinburgh, Manager at Bindi Edinburgh, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Mel,

Firstly, I would like to apologise if you had an unsatisfactory dining experience with us. I would like to reassure you that food is prepared freshly each day. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you and one additional guest, a complimentary masala chai and nashto sampler.

Thank you for taking the time to post this honest feedback which is invaluable for us at this early stage in the restaurant's life. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Many Thanks,

Bindi
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great service and food”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had the £5 deal which included a few different dishes. Tasty food and friendly service. Recommended.

5 Thank cz12_12
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful Tastes”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had the Dabeli (Veggie burgers) and Kachori (crushed peas in pastry served with a selection of chutneys) which were both full of delicious flavours and textures. We also tried the Handwo cake which was very tasty when matched with the chutneys. This place has only opened recently but as I live just around the corner it will soon be my guilty pleasure as everything was packed full of amazing flavour, well cooked and the owner is just lovely. Everyone should visit!

5 Thank Ailbhe B