“Stunning Performance”

Ranked #165 of 395 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 14 October 2015

My wife and I went to see Alexandra Burke in the Bodyguard show and to say this show was exceptional, superb and stunning is an understatement. I was a bit apprehensive as having seen the film theatre shows sometimes do not live up to the originals, however having said that this show is stunning with Alexandra Burke at her superb best playing the Whitney Euston role in the film.
The music, dance and lights delivers up what it says on the tin!
I would urge anybody who likes music and theatre to book tickets for this show as you will not be disappointed.
Note this attraction is not disabled friendly as their are many stairs.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

A Christmas present purchased for my sister and me and can honestly say money well spent, the best show I have ever seen, the cast done an amazing job, lovely theatre, never purchased any food or drinks because they were far too expensive, would be great to see The Lion King return to the playhouse. Would Highly recommend a visit if it does return.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Glad Lion King came to Edinburgh last November I went to with my mama, so don't have go to London! Save transport! Would love they come back again. But the ticket too expensive! Very artist and creative show. It had captioned there as am deaf that why I went.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

the performance was amazing. actors and costumes amzing and well organised. Badly organised from the playhouse's management though. sitting very incomfortable and the sound was not always clear. Overall a great experience due to the performance production though !

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My second time watching the show and what a delight it is! I adore anything Disney and The Lion King is my favorite, so I was right at home! The songs are incredible and the cast are just brilliant. Rafiki is my star of the show! The whole show is captivating for all ages and the set and costumes just blew me away!!