“Tasty Mediterranean Meze”

Ranked #486 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Edinburgh's most instagramable cafe - a Middle Eastern twist on brunch in the heart of Edinburgh's old town. From Aleppo eggs to candyfloss covered pan cakes and our signature unicorn and ruby rose lattes, with a bespoke selection of wines and cocktails, it's the must visit Edinburgh destination
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Visited this place with my parents and we shared a few dishes such as the Baba ganoush, the aubergine and halloumi stack, fried calamari and meatballs in red sauce. All of which were pretty tasty. The baba ganoush was one of my favourite. We felt like the calamari should've been a bit crispier but it was still tasty, although very dearly priced for what it was. I think that was our only disappointment. Good service too.

1  Thank VictoriaXara
Write a reviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We enjoyed the food, the service and the music. This is a very good restaurant with excelent food an best value for money.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I am a regular at pomegranate and Hannams which both have amazing food. Service here was terrible, we waited over 25 mins for food and a rude waitress. No one likes to go out for food and have horrible service and to be waiting almost an hour for our food. Will definitely not be going here again.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We were a bit disappointed after reading the rave reviews of this place... our experience was average. The starters were the best part - venison salami and stuffed vine leaves were very good but the mains were OK. My husband had to send the lamb chops back as they weren't cooked enough, meatballs were OK and pasta was average.
The food was served quickly however and the staff were very good, attentive and pleasant. It was also good to bring your own wine!
Maybe it was the food we had but overall it was OK.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We've been to a lot of different restaurants in Edinburgh, from the 30£/person lunch to the cheap student place. But this place is above everything. Not only the staff is friendly and welcoming but the food is absolutely divine. I NEVER had chips so good in my life, I don't know what is their secret, but my mouth is watering just by the thought of it. The main meals were also gorgeous and I would definitely go back to Edinburgh only to taste their food one more time. Seriously, just go and enjoy.

1  Thank 17celined