“1st Class Mediterranean”

Ranked #486 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Edinburgh's most instagramable cafe - a Middle Eastern twist on brunch in the heart of Edinburgh's old town. From Aleppo eggs to candyfloss covered pan cakes and our signature unicorn and ruby rose lattes, with a bespoke selection of wines and cocktails, it's the must visit Edinburgh destination
Reviewed 7 June 2017

This was a magical find! The best Mediterranean I have found in Edinburgh so far! I ate here last night 6.6.17 and was greeted firstly by a lovely French waitress. She explained that is was BYOB (bring your own booze;) which I didn't expect, however she did explain that if we went across the road to an off license we could drink what ever we bought!! some wine it was then!!

A starter I would recommend is the breads and dips. The dips were outstanding! they have a smoked aubergine dip - we both loved and never tasted before!! 10/10 for food and service!!!

Date of visit: June 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We started with bread and olive oil Also. The venison salami was very good. My wife had grilled chicken and rice and I had lamb chops with okra. Both were very good. The baklava and ice cream dessert needs improvement. The service was excellent. Prices reasonable.
Bring your own bottle or go across the street to Mama said and pick up a reasonably priced bottle.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Overall, we had a pleasant dinner. I had the hamburger special, my wife chicken stir fry... the food was well prepared and the service was attentive. At their price level (which is relatively high) I'd expect a little extra. In my view, the food we ordered was average...

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place to be. Very nice and friendly people. Slightly spicy but very delicious. It's not the same favor of normal spice we get in normal Bistro, for me it's a restaurant quality. My new "bistro" in Edinburgh

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Called in here this morning. Lovely friendly staff but nearly £8 for 2 small muffins!! You have got to be joking won't be going there again or recommending it. Seems like it's trying to overcharge tourists which I can't stand

Date of visit: May 2017