“Super delicious marshmallows”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Super delicious marshmallows”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was my first visit to the shop today to collect my order of a marshmallow cake and bags of marshmallows ordered through Facebook. I have had orders previously and purchased from her at the Stockbridge Market but it was nice to finally get to the shop. As always the marshmallows are delicious my favourites have to be the Oreo cookies and cream ones and the millionaire shortbread ones. There is a good selection available in the shop with samples for you to try and the girls were so nice and helpful I couldn't fault their service going out of their way to help me and even bagging up more mallows so I could add to my purchase. Anyone with a fancy for marshmallows should give this place a try you will be in marshmallow heaven!

Visited December 2013
themarshmallowlady, Owner at The Marshmallow Lady, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi Claire,

I'm so happy you enjoyed your Marshmallow Cake, I had such fun making it for you :D
I'm delighted you were finally able to come into the shop, and thanks so much for the kind feedback. Look forward to making more marshmallows for you soon :D

Nicole x

London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Problem sorted”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Trip Advisor effect was pretty immediate and Nicole has since been in touch and corrected the error in the order, apologised for the poor customer service and sent me a complimentary bag of mallows. Thank you.

1 Thank John04
I'm glad we got your problem resolved. As we discussed it was an e-mail problem as I never received your original e-mails so I had no idea anything was wrong. I pride myself in great customer service so I would never ignore e-mails.
I'm so happy you appreciated the complimentary bags of Marshmallows I sent as an apology.
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Marshmallow lady sent wrong order and refuses to correct”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I placed quite an expensive order for a variety of marshmallows from the Marshmallow Lady at Burgh Bakes and ordered the Whisky ones as a surprise for my Glaswegian partner. I was really disappointed when the order arrived and the Whisky had been replaced by a second packet of another type, with no note or explanation in the box or by email either. I emailed Nicole and she told me that it was too humid to make whisky ones but if I paid for another order she would add the missing packet of whisky ones to it. I explained that I didn't think it was very fair or good customer service to force me to place a second order just to get the ones I had already paid for. Silence since.

Visited August 2013
7 Thank John04
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Over rated”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

It took me over 3 weeks to visit this place as the shop opens strange hours and often closes at short notice (not very handy). The first two times I went to go, the place was shut (and not on normal closed days). I made sure I checked the FB page before we finally visit, but reading that can be bizarre itself (less of the problems please, it is a business after all). We were the only ones in the shop, so there wasn't much of an atmosphere, but the assistant was pleasant enough. Maybe other people have more money than I do, but I couldn't justify the price for bags of marshmallows regularly. They're a great, but not the 'OMG-ness' that everyone says. Over rated for sure.

3 Thank Edinburghtraveller01
I'm so happy you thought the Marshmallows were great.
When you posted this review I had only been open a mere month so I was still working out teething problems and staffing. That may also be why the shop didn't have any customers when you came in, as it was pretty brand new.
I have since learned my lesson and have employed more people instead of trying to do everything myself (which included deliveries, hence why sometimes I would be closed at short notice)
I do hope you give the shop another chance now that I've been open for about 15 months now and have well and truly ironed out any kinks there were in that first month of business.
Edinburgh
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Super delicious”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

When I buy the cookies and cream marshmallows I have to quickly get home, lock myself in my room and eat every single one before anyone else comes home so I don't have to share them. Lucky for the rest of my flatmates I also regularly buy the toffee apple ones which are amazing, and the billionaire's short bread which are divine. Recently I got a selection made as party favours all of which were swept up by my guests but I kept a bag for myself and took them to a cafe where I ordered a hot chocolate and soaked two gorgeous vanilla bean marshmallows. Basically the only way the Marshmallow Lady could improve my opinion of her already spectacular product range is to move into my house or let me move into her cafe. I kind of imagine her marshmallow cooking kitchen to be a marshmallow version of Willa Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

2 Thank George V