“Lovely Italian”

Cuisines: Italian, Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I got a voucher & thought it was worth a try. When I phoned to book, at lunchtime for that evening, they were very accommodating.

My voucher covered two adults & the kids menu was really reasonable. Four clean plates later, great food, good service & reasonable prices.

2  Thank Csilvscot

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Bought their recent online deal to visit this restaurant. We were served by the owner (manager?) who was so sweet and lovely that it really made our visit special. At first we were a bit disappointed at how dark the interior of the place was, especially on a warm, sunny Scottish evening, but the pizzas were excellent and his service made us forget anything negative. We had three kids in tow and were made more than welcome.

2  Thank fionava
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My partner and I came here after purchasing a voucher on Itison. The pizzas we ordered were amongst the best we've ever eaten (the Hawaii and BBQ chicken).
The restaurant itself was nice, however I did feel sorry for the sole waitress working the evening we visited - she was run off her feet!

2  Thank DaynaR
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my Mum for lunch using an Amazon Local voucher.

I chose the Bruschetta with Mozzarella as my starter which was lovely and the Spaghetti Bolognese for my main course which was delicious!!.

The lady who served us was very helpful and couldn't have been nicer and the chef even asked how our food was when he passed our table.

My Mum and I both had a pleasant time and thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

The only 'fault' I could mention was that they don't use fresh Parmesan...it's the dried stuff you used to have with your bolognese in the eighties!..but I quite liked it all the same.

I would certainly return.

2  Thank JLAW75
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A group of six used a voucher for a evening meal. The value was excellent (£5 for a pasta or pizza but normal price roughly double)), the choice was impressive, the ambience was buzzing, and the food quality could not have been bettered.
The cheapest wine was about £17 a bottle ( a tad expensive) but OK given the saving on the food.
The service was good and the owner came out to check we had enjoyed the experience.
I'd definitelt recommend for the choices available, the quality of the food, and the whole dining experience.

2  Thank junemorrison