I visited the Highfield with my girlfriend for a romantic Christmas shopping break in the Capital. The Christmas markets in the city centre are beautiful at this time of year and the highfield guest house was the perfect place to stay for visiting the markets.
The highfield guest house is located in a beautiful building in a lovely neighborhood just a short bus ride (10 mins ) or a £6 taxi from the city centre. There are buses to the centre of town every few minutes, they stop just around the corner from the guest house.
The accommodation was faultless. It has to be one of the cleanest guest houses i have ever stayed in.
The room was tastefully decorated and contained everything required for a short break. There was a luxurious feel to the room and the building overall. It was a beautiful place to stay.
The teapot on the hospitality tray was a much appreciated detail normally overlooked in other places i have stayed. It was attention to little details like this which set the guest house apart from other places i have stayed.
The room was nice and toasty and the central heating could be fully controlled from the room.
We checked in after dark so didn't even realise the room had an amazing view of what i think is Arthur's seat ( i may be wrong though ) another added bonus.
Breakfast was served in a beautiful breakfast room, there was a good selection of cold buffet items, fruits and cereals etc and a choice of cooked breakfast options including a full Scottish breakfast with haggis and of course, the option of porridge.
The hosts could not have been nicer or more helpful. From checking in and showing us the room, to providing travel information and tips on local sights to take in. It was the most warm and friendly welcome.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Highfield to anyone considering a trip to Edinburgh. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maggie and Gordon welcome you to their elegant Victorian guest house situated in the Newington district of Edinburgh, close to the beautiful, historic city centre. The four star Highfield Guest House offers true Scottish hospitality so whether you are here on holiday or on a business trip you will find Highfield's friendly, informal ambience very relaxing and our attention to detail will ensure a comfortable, relaxing and memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Highfield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highfield Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Highfield Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland