This was the first time I had stayed in a Premier Inn and I was more than delighted.Not only did we have stunning views overlooking the sea and the Forth bridge,the room itself was spotlessly clean and comfortable,with everything you need(including a good size tv on the wall).The room was a good size with plenty of room to swing a tiger!! The bathroom had a hand wash dispenser and also a hair and bodywash dispenser......ideal if you forget your soap! Again the bathroom was spotlessly clean,but one thing to be aware of if you have limited mobility(like myself) is that the side of the bath was quite high and I found it a little difficult to step into the bath.I did manage it and it's only a very small point with everything else being so wonderful!Our room was on the 2nd(top) floor but there is a lift,so no problem there.Every part of the hotel we saw was spotlessly clean and still had that "new" smell.All the staff we encountered were very helpful and extremely friendly and always with a smile!The Brewer's Fayre next door is typical of these kind of eateries with decent pub meals at normal prices,although the portions are probably a bit bigger than most.The drinks I found to be a little pricey at £5.20 for a double vodka and lemonade but if you just have a drink or two in the pub there is an asda just across the road where you can pick up something cheaper to have in the comfort of your room whilst enjoying the view from your window!(from which...to the left hand side....we overlooked Newhaven Quay and lighthouse,which lights up and changes colour at night).There is a bus stop on the road outside the hotel and for £3.50 for a day ticket,it is cheaper and easier to leave your car at the hotel and use the very frequent buses.A taxi into town/from town is around £9 if you've had enough walking or just want to get there a little quicker! All in all a fantastic break at a fantastic hotel and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.I can't wait to come back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to sweeping harbourside views before hopping in a bus or taxi straight into town ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh (Leith) Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel Scotland