Hotels in tourist cities like Edinburgh can be very expensive and not deliver where it matters. Pound for pound the Premier Inn at Western Harbour in Edinburgh is the best value for money I have ever found and I stay at a lot of hotels! Situated at the end of the old Newhaven Harbour wall you are next to the Royal Yacht Britannia,15 minutes walk to the Royal Botanical Gardens, 15 minutes from the seat of Scottish Government (and The Kitchin!) and if you ask for and get a sea view then you look out westward up the Firth of Forth toward the two bridges, look out over the old harbour with little dingies and fishing boats and the old lighthouse which at night has a kaleidoscope of colours revolving slowly in the top of the old tower. These are views worth £200 a night alone on top of which you have all the high standards of a Premier Inn which provides clean comfort in a decent size space and a great power shower and an enormous plasma screen T.V with Freeview. Having stayed here on my own the first time when I was visiting family nearby I then managed to persuade my husband to come with me and stay there two weeks later despite telling me he would definitely divorce me if I ever booked him into a Premier Inn, he definitely found he had to eat his words after staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to sweeping harbourside views before hopping in a bus or taxi straight into town ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh (Leith) Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel Scotland