“Premier inns are the best”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is a wonderful location, very clean and next to a great restaurant. Their bar gave us ice for our eve. Drinks. They have daily specials all week long for dinner, it is a great value.

Room Tip: Premier inns are the best. Great value

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Standard Premier Inn offer, but the hotel is located on the quayside at Leith. A lovely setting when the sun is out. Great car parking as well, with a branded pub next door, as well as a 24hr Asda around the corner. Friendly staff as well.
Only downside was the wobbly Wifi signal in the room we had.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a waters edge view, that is an additional bonus.
1  Thank rsitch12
Reviewed 25 May 2012

A fairly standard Premier Inn room, facing a brick wall. Otherwise all the usual good points of a Premier Inn, big bed, clean room, good choice of breakfast, plenty of free parking. Friendly staff who allowed us to store bicycles in a secure room. The Royal Yacht Britannia is moored at The Ocean Terminal, which is within walking distance and there is a large shopping mall with bars and cafes where you can sit and take in the harbour view. Good for a stopover, not so convenient for the main tourist spots in the city centre.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Wonderful weekend. Weather cool but sunny. Hotel and room so clean. Food in Restaurant very good especially breakfast. A very enjoyable break.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at this Premier Inn in May 2012 on a Saturday and Sunday evening.

I had some problems booking the hotel with the online booking system and had a bit of a battle with customer services (NOT at this hotel but the main contact centre number) before I went to I was half expecting issues when I arrived at the hotel...no problems at all.

We arrived around 2pm, receptionist was really friendly and very apologetic that the check in took a little while even though it was honestly one of the quickest check-ins I have ever had so there was really no need for her apologies! The receptionist asked about our stay and our plans for the weekend, gave us directions and some local information and recommeneded the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. I booked breakfast there and then.

The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and tidy and although looked over the road and car park was very quiet and no noise distrubed us throughout our stay. Some lucky people in the hotel must get a view of the docks which I bet is stunning, I got this from the restaurant at breakfast...what a way to start the day!

The hotel itself is in a lovely area, a short walk from the Ocean Terminal shopping centre and we walked into the main city centre which took around an hour although it's all up hill so if your not a fan of walking I wouldn't recommend it! Buses run reguarly from the hotel there is a bus stop just out the front, you can get a ticket that lets you use the bus as many times as you want in a day for £3.50...bargain!

We had breakfast on both days and and dinner on the Sunday, all the food was delicious and again staff could not have been more helpful, on the second morning the lady cleared a table even though others were empty just so that we could have one near the window. The restaurant is a brewers fayre and exceptionally good value for money with a great range of food and drink.

I would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant to everyone. I travelled with my mum but would also consider it for myself and my boyfriend and I don't have children but would think its fab for anyone that does as they have a great soft play area for kids in the restaurant too.

Room Tip: If you can get one with a view over the docks I bet it's got a stunning view! x
Reviewed 21 May 2012

A fantastic break at Leith, lovely big room and so clean. We had disabled room as only room left but room was great. Bed very large and not too high off floor and plenty of hand rails in bathroom. Food in Restaurant very good value especially breakfast. PI very handy for buses into CityAll staff helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Even if offered family room or disabled room they are brilliant rooms on ground floor not too far fr...
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Great parking. Just a short trip on a number 10 bus into town. Reception staff were some of the most helpful and cheery that I have ever come across. Room was perfectly functional, TV coffee etc. Breakfast was spot on, plenty choice and lots of it. Free WIFI for 30 mins each day was just enough for me.
But honestly the staff were BRILLIANT!!!!.