We booked the premier inn it's usually good value and you know what to expect.
We checked in early which was great and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
When we took our belongings to our room it was obvious it had been smoked in. As a family of none smokers it was really smelly. There was ash on the window ledge - inside and out. I reported this straight away and the room was sprayed which helped for a day but afterwards the smell returned. At this point I was concerned that we would be charged the fine for smoking when it wasn't us.
My husband and daughter didn't sleep well at all as the noise was shocking. People slamming doors and letting their young children run up and down the corridors early in the morning and late at night. Our room overlooked the car park and on our last morning a delivery truck arrived (I'm so glad we were awake) as this would have woke us up!
I spoke to reception upon checking out and they gave me a refund of 1 nights stay due to their good sleep guarantee. However, I completed a satisfaction survey afterwards making the same points above and haven't received any further recompense or acknowledgement or my comments which is disappointing.
I would definitely reconsider staying in a premier inn again based on this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to sweeping harbourside views before hopping in a bus or taxi straight into town ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh (Leith) Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel Scotland