“Excellent apart from the heating was broke and it was February !”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent apart from the heating was broke and it was February !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Everything was great, I arrived early and they managed to fast track me into my room which from a customer service aspect was very impressive. I was in my room before 12 which the staff were to thank for this. My room was more than I could ask for when you consider I paid a small amount of £42 for my room. The location was ideal as I needed to be close to Edinburgh city centre for work purposes but could retreat from the city on an evening. After my evening meal and a few drinks I headed back to my room. My heating wouldn't work. I went to sleep as I didnt think this would prove an issue. I woke up a couple of times through the night and tried to amend the heating but it was still broke. At 5:45 I went and spoke to someone on reception who said the maintenance guy wasn't in as he only works through the day. He wasn't very helpful. So when I came back down at half 7 I spoke to the lad on day shift. He was extremely helpful and advised me they were having issues with the heating and that several other parties had complained about the heating or lack of. The lad gave me a complimentary breakfast which again he didn't have to do and helped appease me. The food was great and the bar was ideally situated next to the hotel. I would stay with Premier Inn again as everything was great apart from the heating which i'm sure was a one off. Perhaps the maintenance guy should be there 24/7 to help solve this problem in the future ????

Room Tip: room 248 was quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you Jordan G for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to learn that the heating in your room was not working, as you noted I would like to assure you that this is a one off! The team member you reported this to in the morning has passed your comments onto our maintenance team member, who has fixed the issue. I am sorry that when you first reported the issue it was not resolved immediately. I am pleased that we were able to get you checked in early and you found your room comfortable and great value. I will pass your kind comments onto the team at the Brewer’s Fayre restaurant. They will be delighted to know you found their food great. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Greek first
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Highly recommend best budget hotel I have every stayed in. Firendly helpful staff at all times. Room large clean and comfortable. Superior to some mid range hotels I have stayed in . Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you frome for your 5 star review of Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn! The team are over the moon to know we are the best budget hotel you have stayed in. We are so pleased you found the team friendly and helpful, and you enjoyed sleeping in our clean, comfortable, and spacious rooms! Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

A great hotel for a visit to Edinburgh. We didn't fancy staying in the city centre so this hotel was perfectly placed out of town but right on a main bus route with buses coming every 10 mins. Staff were REALLY helpful, rooms extremely clean & a restaurant right next door. We did all the sights during the day and we're able to get a good nights sleep in readiness for the following day! Would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you Susan E for your lovely 5 star review of Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn. I am pleased our waterfront location suited your needs. I am also delighted that you found the team very helpful and our rooms were extremely clean. The team will be thrilled to know you have a great night’s sleep with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again soon. Thank you for recommending our hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stopped at quite a few Premier Inns around the UK & have never had cause to complain.
Leith Waterfront is just as good, pleasant staff, comfortable rooms, good value etc.
My only gripe really is the location which requires two buses (no's 35 & 10) from the airport, a journey time of approx 1 1/2 hours, alternatively a taxi is £25.
The No 10 (bus stop is just over the road) will also take you into the city centre. A journey time of 30 to 40 minutes.
In hindsight if I were going to Edinburgh again I would choose a hotel nearer the city centre. This is still along journey from the airport but at least once your there it's done.

Room Tip: An all day bus ticket costs £3.50 which is good value for getting around eg to the zoo
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you Mike M for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry that you found the location of our hotel a bit too far out. The number 35 bus is a local bus that can take quite a considerable amount of time to get into town as it stops at every stop on its route. The Airport express bus – number 100 is a very quick and convenient service that will significantly reduce the journey time. This will take you into the city centre in 20-30 minutes. As you noted a hotel nearer the city centre would be preferable for your next visit to Edinburgh may I suggest the 3 Premier Inn’s in the city centre that we have; Edinburgh Haymarket, Princes Street and Lauriston Place. We are delighted that you found Leith Waterfront great value, comfortable, and all the team were pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn soon.
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

stayed for 3 nights in February, the hotel is spotlessly clean and comfortable with a nice location overlooking the Firth of Fourth, easy to get into the city centre on the bus (number 10) which stops right outside the hotel and only cost £1.50 each way, considerably cheaper and easier than parking. Asked for a room with a river view and got it number 211 clean and tidy with a good shower, the only downside was the heating which is provided from a small convector heater and seems to be all or nothing. This is an ideal location for discovering Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 star review UkcoupleLeicester! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to allocate you room 211 with a fantastic view overlooking the Firth of Forth. I have passed your comments onto our maintenance team member to check the heater in this bedroom is working correctly. The housekeeping team are delighted that you found your room spotlessly clean and tidy and you were comfortable throughout your 3 nights with us. We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh Leith Waterfront again.
Malham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Once again we enjoyed our stay at a Premier, this one is in a great location on the waterfront, the bar was and eating area was overlooking the water with a large area outside for warm evenings, not in February though !
The room were up to the usual standard for Premier Inns, clean, warm and best of all quiet.
If going into Edinburgh get the number 10 bus, the stop is opposite the hotel, we went in and out 3 times on a day ticket for (I think) £3.50
Taxi after the theatre was £12.00

Room Tip: Try and get a waterfront room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review OzYorkshire. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Edinburgh Leith Waterfront. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and we are thrilled our location enhanced your experience. The views over the Firth of Forth are stunning and we are fortunate to have them. The housekeeping team are delighted you found our rooms were of a high standard of cleanliness and were warm and quiet. The £3.50 day ticket into town is very convenient for a day of travelling around Edinburgh. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The room was nice and clean but cold on arrival. With the exception of the main bathroom light being out the room was fine.
My main reason for this review is of the breakfast. They have an adjoining pub restaurant which is "one of thier partners" and there are only 3 choices for breakfast. The "grab and go" croissant and coffee £2.95. The "Continental" any thing that isn't warm £5.25. Finally the "Premier Breakfast" which is anything hot or cold £8.25.
This morning I just wanted something light, like scrambled eggs with a bit of toast. When I was seated, I asked the nice girl she said that would be part of the buffet breakfast, £8.25. So I said thanks but no thanks.
I'm not being tight here but where are the opitions for the customer?
It pretty much all or nothing.
I would rather eat McDonald's rubberised scrambled eggs than be dictated to by corporate robots.
My company has an account with this chain and I'm going to do my level best to be put up somewhere else in future as I work away a lot.
Not quite premier inn, more championship inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you smersh71 for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that our Breakfast offerings did not meet your expectations. Being a value hotel our aim is to make sure our guests get great value for money, and this is usually the case with our all you can eat breakfast, especially with a free kids option. I can understand that the all you can eat option does not suit everyone and I have made a note of your comments, which will be followed up at our next management meeting. I am pleased that your room was nice and clean, meeting your expectations and requirements. I am disappointed you do not feel Premier Inn is the right option for you, however, if you have more suggestions to improve our brand I will be happy to discuss these with you. You can contact me directly on opsmgr.edinburghleith@premierinn.com Thank you once again for your review.