“Good when not being used as a youth hostel”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I love the Premier Inns. You get what you pay for and actually a lot more. However, i have been in several Premier Inns and on two occasions there has been a problem with groups. In London and in Edinburgh. On both occasions I was very cross because suddenly there was a youth hostel atmosphere that I actually hadn't booked. In Edinburgh it was really bad when a large group of under 11year olds stayed overnight. I myself work with kids and also have three of my own but when I go on holiday and book a three star hotel I don't expect to suddenly be in a youth hostel and this is exactly what happened to us at the weekend in Edinburgh and in October in London.
The restaurant was extremely overcrowded, loud really not very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you Nicola D for taking the time to review your stay with us at Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn. I am terribly sorry that the visiting group had a negative impact on your visit on this occasion. At Leith we do not get many touring groups and this was an occasional one off. The reception team work very hard with the few group bookings that we get. They allocate all group rooms together, and at the start of our corridors wherever possible to ensure the least disruption for our other guests. When dinner or lunch is booked we are usually aware of times the group will be dining and can advise our guests so they can choose to dine earlier or later. It is possible the group decided to dine last minute in the restaurant and did not book this through reception, so we could not advise our guests. I am terribly sorry about this, and would like to assure you, that in Edinburgh this was a one off visit. Should you wish to discuss any of this further I would be happy to. I can be contacted on opsmgr.edinburghleith@premierinn.com I hope this does not put you entirely off Premier Inn and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Good Location, quiet, plenty of parking and generally pleasant. Used the hotel as a base to look at Edinburgh and surrounding area. It was a bank holiday weekend but despite this the standard never dropped.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you Gee P for your lovely 5 star review of Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn. The team are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us over the bank holiday weekend and you felt we maintained our standards despite the busy period. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again soon for another excellent stay.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Will stay here again and again you can't beat it the buses into town are every 10 minutes the food was excellent The play area for the kids could be better but my boy who is 7 wants to go back very soon as do i

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Charles T for taking the time to review your stay with us at Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn. I will share your kind comments with the restaurant team, who will be pleased you enjoyed their food and the children’s play area. The team are thrilled to know you enjoyed your break with us and can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Waking up to a view of the sun on the harbour and then remembering that this room cost £29 brings a smile to my face. Staff were friendly and helpful. I arrived at 3.00pm on Thurs having spoken to Stuart on the phone and requested a room on the top floor facing the water to find I'd been allocated a room on the bottom floor facing the car park!!! John was on duty and quickly rearranged the room allocation - thank you the sea view made my stay.

Following on from reviews I kept away from the Brewers Fayre and eat at Prezze which is a 2 minute walk and has a brilliant view of the harbour. Even better I did a search on my phone and got a voucher deal!!!

Easy bus ride into Edinburgh. Would happily use this Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loll007

Thank you Loll007 for your wonderful 5 star review of Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn. I am pleased that John was able to secure one of our highly sought after sea view rooms for you. The views can be spectacular, and we are delighted you appreciated them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just spent 2 nights in this hotel in a family room - my 3rd visit to a different Premier Inn and loving it!

Booked in advance & got the £29 per room per night rate - which you just can't fault. Reception staff were very helpful upon our arrival, room wasn't ready & the receptionist went out of her way to get us a room within the next 10 mins, which was great. Love the fact that no matter which city you're in, you can always expect the same standard of room cleanliness and comfort. Love the extra pillows, minimal style, great plasma tv, power shower and easily dispensed soap/shower gel. Free parking was a bonus too!

Room staff kept checking we had everything we needed - very polite & cheery - always had a smile & a hello for you :)

Prebooked breakfast (£8.25 + kids eat free) as we knew what to expect & wasn't disappointed! Open hot/cold breakfast buffet where you can eat as much as you like. But my favourite is the Costa Coffee machine - lattee's are brilliant!

Premier Inn really have got their product offering down to a fine art. Bedrooms are kept minimal but functional and are spotlessly clean. Combined with being next to a Brewers Fayre makes dining and having a drink (without worrying about driving back to the hotel) a lovely experience.

Can highly recommend Premier Inn Leith (Asda within walking distance for anything you've forgotton). It's close enough to Edinburgh City Centre - but far enough away to unwind and relax.

Room Tip: Family rooms have a double/twin + single bed and are quite spacious. We stayed in Room 226 which ove...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Bronagh F, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you jammylodgers63 for taking the time to review your stay with us.
The team and I are delighted that you and your family had another enjoyable stay with Premier Inn. We are pleased that we met your expectations. The housekeeping team are proud that you found our rooms spotlessy clean. I will share your comments with the team in the Brewers Fayre, who will be happy to know that your family enjoyed Premier Breakfast and your favourite - Costa Coffee machine.
Thank you for recommending Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Wonderful Premier Inn, very efficient friendly staff, we had a lovely sea view room it was very peaceful and the room was big light and airy, ver clean. Good public transport with the bus stop just outside and buses running regularly, in all a most enjoyable trip., would definitely return.

Room Tip: room 211, ocean view and very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Suzan64_13 for your lovely 5 star review!
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping team do their absolute best to ensure that our rooms are cleaned to the very highest standard. The team and I are happy to know you found them very efficient and friendly.
We are delighted to know you would definitely return to Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

ideal base for visiting Edinburgh, bus stop outside takes you into city for £1.50 but be aware exact change is needed. Great views from hotel rooms. Staff very helpful - got phone number for us for restaurant to accommodate 17 people at short notice. Just 10 mins walk to Ocean Terminal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Debbie P for taking the time to review your stay with us!
We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and our location suited your needs. The local bus service is very reliable for heading into the city centre. The team and I are thrilled you found them helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Premier Inn in the future!