The Premier Inn was ideal though did lack some of the little touches that the newer ones have such as a heated towel rail. The staff (especially Mikey on reception) were very helpful and even print out train times for you. There is some road noise from the nearby A1 but this is minimal and did not disturb us at all. There is a main train line at the back but people we spoke to said this was not a problem. In so far as the Premier Inn is concerned the only slight concern was car parking. The car park is vast but the bit straight outside the inn is used by people attending the fitness centre next door (even though that has it's own car park) and so sometimes your car ended up being parked out of sight - the management should restrict the car park to hotel users only. Whilst the premier inn was good the restaurant next door was the worst we have ever experienced. Most of the staff were unfriendly and the place was decorated in very dark colours with dark furniture which made it seem gloomy. Basic items such as crossiants were limited each day and the staff hesitant about heating up more. The coffee was usually cold and for the final two mornings we took the advice of other contributors and ate elsewhere. In the evening would strongly suggest the short drive to Luca's Ice Cream Parlour in nearby Musselbrough which was great. There is a train station just over the road and the trip into Edinburgh was only about 15 minutes for £3.70 return so use this rather than drive in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY REFURBISHED HOTEL The Premier Inn Edinburgh (Newcraighall) is ideal for all occasions. Shopping, party nights, family getaways or romantic weekend breaks. Everything you need and more surround us! Our 42 en-suite bedroom hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, Tea and coffee making facilities, bath with shower, TVs in every room and a 24-hour reception as standard. Free car parking is available on site. The hotel is situated just off the A1 near Musselburgh. The Fort Kinnaird Retail Park is within walking distance form the hotel and the Newcraighall Bannatyne’s Heath Centre is right next-door. We are 8 minutes by train into the city centre of Edinburgh; the station is opposite our hotel and runs frequently Monday to Saturday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Premier Inn, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh (Newcraighall) Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel Scotland