Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My cousin and I stayed here to attend a gig in the city. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and gave great information on travel to and from city centre which we found to be easy to use and convenient. The bedroom was lovely, clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was lovely. I would recommend the choc fudge sundae very highly btw. the restaurant staff serving were very helpful and welcoming. Very comfortable, traditional type of restaurant and bar. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definately book again! Thanks guys.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GrainneD777
MargaretAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Grainne,

From all the team at Newcraighall a huge thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled you had an excellent experience when staying with us. I will pass on your feedback to the Cuddie Brae and I have to agree that their chocolate fudge sundae is excellent! The team are delighted to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable, and are looking forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed three nights while visiting family in Edinburgh after touring the western isles for a week. Hotel clean and service was fine but I guess we had a room above an insomniac who, on our last night woke us up with constant plodding about his/her room. Despite Premier Inn's guarantee of a good nights sleep the reception staff didn't seem too interested.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OxfordshireTone

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay at Newcraighall. I am disappointed to hear that the reception team did not take your feedback seriously when you experienced a disrupted sleep. I would like to assure you that these are not the standards I expect from my team and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. Our Good Night Guarantee is a unique pledge, one that I am proud the company offers, and I urge you to contact the hotel directly in order to remedy the situation, as I would like to discuss this with you personally. I can be reached on 0131 657 8800. I am pleased you found the hotel clean and of good value.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The hotel is right beside the A1 and just across the road from a railway station which gives access to Edinburgh Waverley station within 10-15 minutes (handy for leaving the car and exploring Edinburgh). The rooms are very comfortable and the restaurant (The Cuddy Brae) is cosy, friendly and has a really good menu. The staff are very friendly and will be glad to help with taxis, advice etc.

Room Tip: We had an odd numbered room. which backed onto the railway line although this was not as much of a n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimnalys

Thank you for this lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Newcraighall. The team are thrilled to know you found them helpful in booking taxi's and providing advice on tourist attractions and Edinburgh. We look forward to welcoming you back to Newcraighall.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We spent 4 nights here while visiting Edinburgh. The staff were extremely helpful. After a long journey we arrived early but they had some rooms that had already been cleaned so we were given a room a couple of hours earlier than check in, which was great because we were so tired. The staff at reception were better than what we've had in 4/5 star hotels, upon arrival we were greeted by a young gentleman who gave us a load of leaflets and maps. We've not been to Edinburgh before and he was telling us what there was to do and where they were located in the city, he also gave us a time table of the train times into and out of Edinburgh. Extremely helpful! When entering the hotel in the evening's the staff would ask how our day was and asked what we had done.
This hotel isn't located in the city center but is easy enough to get to by the train which is located just across the street next to the fire station, return to Edinburgh was £3.70 each. Rooms were clean and comfortable, had great nights sleep apart from the last night which was due to the couple across the hall arguing at half 3 in the morning. We would stay here again though.
Down the road there is a massive retail park with loads of shops and also has a subway and macdonalds. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luandneil

Thank you Lou and Neil for taking the time to write this wonderful, detailed review. The team put our guests at the heart of what they do, and I am thrilled this occassion was no different, and we were able to check you into a room early. They are estatic to learn the service they provided exceeded experiences you have had in other hotels. I know they make every effort to ensure our guests make the most of their visit to Edinburgh, and I believe your visit was no exception. It makes us very happy to hear you will be back to stay with us in our clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here for work so didn't really have heaps of disposable time to spend in the hotel and adjoining brewers fayre but this didn't matter. I checked in late in the day was welcomed with the warm smile. Checking in was faultless and charged to my companies account. After a shower I went to the pub next door for a tex mex buffet and some drinks.
Back at the hotel later on that night it was all incredibly quiet and a good nights sleep had.
Back next door for breakfast and that was the perfect start to the day, the staff were friendly and asked exactly what I wanted....and thats what I got.
Finally check out was as easy as just handing the key back to reception.
All in all, perfectly flawless.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Katie_wayne
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you had a relaxed, hassle free experience with us. We try to make things as straight forward and stream lined as possible and it appears this is exactly what you were looking for. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

spent two nights at this premier inn. room more than adequate, plenty of space and huge, very comfortable bed. bathroom small but adequate. staff polite and attentive. fabulous breakfast served in the restaurant next door. would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank T4nya1

Thank you for your kind review. Im glad to hear you found all facilities to a good standard and will be sure to pass on your kind comments regarding breakfast to the staff in the Cuddie Brae next door. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Travelling back on our return from Perthshire, following a delightful stay in the Tay Forest.
It was our intention to stay overnight in Dundee at one of the premier motels surrounding the city.
Unfortunately there was"no room at the inn" due to an air show being held in Dundee.
A very helpful receptionist telephoned in advance to reserve a room at the Newcraighall Inn south of Edinburgh.
We arrived at 7pm somewhat weary and greeted by a delightful receptionist.
Our room was super, and slghtly larger, being a family room, with a huge bed and exceptionally clean and fresh.
We went next door to the Cuddy Brae public house, which we found had been extended and refurbished from when had stayed there previously. The food and the service not to mention the beer was first class with nothing being too much trouble for the very friendly and attentive staff, unlike the Saxon Mill restauraunt Warwick, but that is another review!?
We enjoyed a restfull night in the sumptuous bed previously mentioned and visited the city on the park and ride coach, which was free and only a very short walk from the Premier Inn following the advice from the receptionist.
A perfect location for Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front overlooking the car park are quieter if the trains are running?
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trevor s

I am thrilled to read your glowing review. I am so glad that you found the room spacious and meeting all your requirements. I am also happy to hear you found the staff friendly and polite. I will also pass on your wonderful comments to the Cuddie Brae staff as I'm sure they will be elated with your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Travelodge Edinburgh Cameron Toll
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!