All reviews cuddie brae retail park train station pub next door attached pub train times adjoining restaurant park and ride city centre brewers fayre good nights sleep family room reception staff main road easy access excellent stay comfortable room
Reviewed 7 January 2013

we had an overnight stay the room was clean tidy as was the rest of the hotel but food was expencive the hotel is easy to find and very close to trains and busses and shops the pub is next door but a pint and a glassof wine £7,20

Room Tip: book in advance
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeannie4me
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for your posative review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms clean and comfortable. Our housekeepers are trained to the highest standard. I am very happy to hear you found our staff so helpful and I will pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae next door. We hope to have you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

This was our first stay at the Newcraighall Premier Inn, after staying at many other Premier Inns in Edinburgh. The location is pretty good. Not central to the city which isn't ideal if you are a tourist but it is on a good bus route (LRT provide an excellent network of buses and routes for Edinburgh). The staff on the reception desk were exceptionally welcoming and were happy to help with any queries we had. It has a very pleasant and roomy pub/restaurant adjacent. Although, it was rather disappointing that it had stopped serving food at 5pm as it was New Year's Day. We decided to travel to the Premier Inn at Inveresk, 5 miles away where they were still serving until 9pm that night in the adjacent Craig House Brewer's Fayre. Despite this, breakfast was fantastic. As mentioned, the restaurant/pub was very roomy and furnished well. The breakfast staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast items of usual high quality and choice of Premier Inn. The rooms have not been updated to the very high standard of some, but nethertheless, was clean and comfortable and was excellent value at around £20 on this occasion. The staff really make this a premier inn we would be happy to return to.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TripRaterUK
MargaretAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Our reception staff are elated that you found them so helpfull and pleasant throughout your stay. We are always happy to assist in any way possible. We will also pass on your feedback to the Cuddie Brae next door, who I am sure will be delighted with such positive comments from yourself. I am so glad to hear that you were happy with the standard of the room you were provided with and hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

A generally good hotel attached to a good restaurant. Highly recommend the restaurant especially for lunch or dinner. Breakfast not so good.
Booked family room. The second smaller bed for the children not very comfortable but I guess maybe for £29 a night you should not expect Claridges standards!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bonyone1674

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will also pass on your feedback to the Cuddie Brae team who I know will be happy to take all your feedback on board to help improve their customer experience. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

when first arriving here the receptionist on the front desk was very welcoming, and provided me with any information required. When first entering my room the first thing I noticed was how spacious and clean the room was. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had an excellent nights sleep. The only problem I had was with the shower as it had no hot water when I contacted the receptionist, she was excellent did everything she could to rectify the problem but unfortunately the water only went luke warm, however the receptionist deserves praise for her handling of it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank becca2013

Becca, we very much appreciate you taking the time to write your kind review and we are so glad that you found our reception staff to be so helpful. We aim to assist our guests in any way we possibly can. I will also pass on your kind words to our housekeeping team who will be delighted to hear you were so impressed with the level of cleanliness found in your room. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with hot water and our maintenance team were advised of this and all action has been taken to avoid this in the future whenever possible. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Newcraighall in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

Have stayed in city centre Edinburgh hotels and paid for the privilege. Premier inn Newcraighall, if booked in advance, is often available at £29 per night, is within short walking distance of the train into Waverley, thus allowing you the freedom to have a drink and enjoy all the wonders of this fabulous city at Christmas. The "Cuddie Brae" restaurant attached offers good food at reasonable prices. Second time at this hotel and will be back again and again.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Keith F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Keith. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location ideal for you. I will also pass on your praise to the Cuddie Brae team as I am sure they will be thrilled to hear your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the near future.