All reviewscuddie braeretail parktrain stationpub next doorattached pubtrain timesadjoining restaurantpark and ridecity centrebrewers fayregood nights sleepfamily roomreception staffmain roadeasy accessexcellent staycomfortable room
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four nights in March. Asked for high room . Room was lovely and bright very large and spacious. Only gripe remote control set at 25 bit to low for me.

Great friendly staff, and lovely food served next door in The Cuddy Brae very good menu . Special menu is very good value for money , food was yummy you are spoiled for choice.

Parking a bit tight due to people parking that were using the health club next door .
And work vans taking up lots if spaces, as on going refurb going on.

I thought it was really fresh and surprised getting refurbished.

Very close to great road connections .
Did hear a little bit of train noise but not to bad.

Would stay here again no problem lovely and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. First of all I apologise if the volume of your tv was not to the level that you like. We ensure all tv volumes are capped so as to not disrupt any of our guests throughout the night.

I am very happy to hear that you have such high regard for our staff. We aim to assist our guests as much as possible and are always happy to deal with any additional requests our guests may have.

I agree, the Cuddie Brae have a wonderful menu and they will be thrilled to hear your glowing review.

Our housekeeping team will also be happy to hear that you were happy with their standards.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great value hotel, very helpful and pleasant staff, it does what it says on the tin, ideal for those wanting to travel into Edinburgh town centre due to the close proximity of the train, only a 10 minute journey and the added bonus is the Cuddy Brae pub attached to the Premier Inn as the food is fantastic, the staff and service are second to none and the whole experience is great value for money, i can't say enough good things about the experience we had, we always stay there when visiting family.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in are good, same standard, same cleanliness and same comfort factor. Rooms at the front of the hotel receive the best sun light.
1  Thank Jo S

First of all, please accept my thanks for taking the time to write your wonderful review. It is very much appreciated. I am very happy to hear that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. Our staff try to assist with any queries and requests to the best of their abilities and I'm thrilled that your needs were met. I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of the convenient travel options available. It is very handy having the train station walking distance from the hotel and is such a quick journey that ut makes all trips to the centre of Edinburgh quick and comfortable. I will also pass on your lovely comments in regard to the Cuddie Brae. They will be very appreciative of your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Ok, i parked in the wrong car park.....i went to the gym car park next door by accident, only to be approached by a muscle bound individual that kindly told me Premier Inn car park was next door....i never caught her name!
Anyway, as far as hotels go, this is the best i've been to in Edinburgh..spacious parking, great rooms,professional staff, overall, yes, a fine experience.
As for train noise...none, you'll need to bring your Hornby set , i had a great sleep!
Now to dinner and breakfast, decided to eat there instead of venturing out.....honestly one of THE best i've ever had at a Premier Inn...this restaurant is great!
This Premier Inn + Restaurant = Excellent.
Enough said.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that every aspect of your stay was so enjoyable. I'm glad you found our staff to be of a good quality and will pass on your comments. We aim to provide the very best of service to our guests and are always willing to go that extra mile to ensure our guests are happy and satisfied. I am also happy to hear you were pleased with the room provided. I'm sure the Cuddie Brae restaurant and bar next door will be as elated to hear your positive feedback as we have been. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Reception services were very good.

It appears to be an Inn that has yet to be fully modernised. We stayed four nights. The room we had was spacious with older style Premier Inn furnishings. Though adjacent to a major keep- fit club, and overlooking the car park, our room was relatively quiet. Perhaps we were fortunate in the position, (end of corridor) and appointment of our room.

The main road to Edinburgh, and the exits and entrance to/from the ring road are also close by, as is Musselbrough Station. The quickest route into Edinburgh city centre would be via the train service. A number 30 bus from the very busy main street goes into the centre. Other buses that run through and stop at Fort Kinnaird, around the corner, (5 minutes) travel in other directions, like Dunbar, North Berwick etc.

It's a great pity that housekeeping did not reach the standards expected by the Premier Inn brand. We had cause to take up issues with reception after the first night's stay, then twice more. Where they could, reception staff rectified matters as quickly as possible.

Next door is a bar/restaurant owned by The Green King Chain, it is called The Cuddie Brae. The Inn's breakfasts are served there on behalf of P/Inn. The timing of the breakfast period is set to suit both businesses. You may therefore, find the times differ from many of the other Premier Inns. If you are too late for P/Inn's breakfast, you can get one in the same place from the Green King breakfast menu, which is differently arranged. The Cuddie Brae dining menu is available to view in all the P/Inn's rooms. There is access for disabled people and the dining facilities are on one floor.

This premier Inn is probably okay for a one night stop-over; at a push two nights, if no other suitable accommodation is available elsewhere on your route. It is well located for access roads into and around Edinburgh and also to other major routes.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room not overlooking, or, anywhere near, the railway station.
2  Thank ZAC_ZACL

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback Zac. I am glad you found travel convenient from our hotel. I apologise that you had issues with our housekeeping during your stay. I assure you we aim to provide the highest standard when cleaning rooms and will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I hope this has not put you off visiting our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We arrived at 10:30am, we were not expecting to get checked in but the receptionist said they were not fully booked the evening before so we were allowed to book in. While my husband was getting the bags from the car the receptionist gave me the time table for the train to the city centre, he was very polite and helpful, asking whether we want a ground floor room and a quiet room. This is the first time this has been offered, normally we are just given the key, I was very impressed with the service. The room was the normal standard for a premier inn, breakfast also good.

Would return next time in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

I am pleased that you have taken the time to review our hotel. Wherever possible we allow our guests to specify where in the hotel they would like to stay and I am glad this was the case on your recent visit. We aim to provide our guests with as much information as they require regarding travel, local amenities ect. I am very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn very soon.