All reviews cuddie brae retail park train station pub next door attached pub train times adjoining restaurant park and ride city centre brewers fayre good nights sleep family room reception staff main road easy access excellent stay comfortable room
Reviewed 11 April 2013

If youve been to any Premier Inn you will have no suprises here, standard clean room with good shower (must say the best pressure on a hotel shower ive ever had!). I travel a lot and stay in hotels and like a hotel with more character, so maybe a little harsh in this review.
PROS - friendly staff, ample parking, clean rooms, good cleaners, comfortable beds, quite location, bar nextdoor. CONS - Hotel in need of refurb, front desk not always staffed (just a doorbell), no phones in rooms, charge for wifi (free for 30mins).

Room Tip: rooms to rear have view of freight trains passing however windows are triple glazed so rarely wake you
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed the shower in your room and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I am also happy to hear that you have such positive feedback regarding the staff. We try to be as helpful and friendly as possible and are always happy to assist in any way we can.

I apologise if you felt there was not always a staff member available to you. The reception desk is manned 24 hours a day, however when another guest requires assistance, this often requires us to leave the desk for a time. The buzzer is merely an indicator that we are erquired back at reception straight away and aim to return as soon as possible.

I hope this has not discouraged you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Excellent hotel in a good location just off A1, ideal for visiting Edinburgh and surrounding area. Staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel was very clean. Brewers Fayre next door, excellent breakfast from 6.30 to 10.30 (great if you want a lay in! ). All round good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AliNorthLincolnshire

I am so happy you have taken the time to post your review of our hotel. Im glad you found our location ideal for your exploratory needs and will pass on your kind words to the Cuddie Brae restaurant and bar next door. Im sure they will be thrilled with your comments.

I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. During your next visit, please feel free to approach us with any questions or requests as we will be more than happy to help wherever possible.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four nights in March. Asked for high room . Room was lovely and bright very large and spacious. Only gripe remote control set at 25 bit to low for me.

Great friendly staff, and lovely food served next door in The Cuddy Brae very good menu . Special menu is very good value for money , food was yummy you are spoiled for choice.

Parking a bit tight due to people parking that were using the health club next door .
And work vans taking up lots if spaces, as on going refurb going on.

I thought it was really fresh and surprised getting refurbished.

Very close to great road connections .
Did hear a little bit of train noise but not to bad.

Would stay here again no problem lovely and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. First of all I apologise if the volume of your tv was not to the level that you like. We ensure all tv volumes are capped so as to not disrupt any of our guests throughout the night.

I am very happy to hear that you have such high regard for our staff. We aim to assist our guests as much as possible and are always happy to deal with any additional requests our guests may have.

I agree, the Cuddie Brae have a wonderful menu and they will be thrilled to hear your glowing review.

Our housekeeping team will also be happy to hear that you were happy with their standards.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great value hotel, very helpful and pleasant staff, it does what it says on the tin, ideal for those wanting to travel into Edinburgh town centre due to the close proximity of the train, only a 10 minute journey and the added bonus is the Cuddy Brae pub attached to the Premier Inn as the food is fantastic, the staff and service are second to none and the whole experience is great value for money, i can't say enough good things about the experience we had, we always stay there when visiting family.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in are good, same standard, same cleanliness and same comfort factor. Rooms at the front of the hotel receive the best sun light.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo S

First of all, please accept my thanks for taking the time to write your wonderful review. It is very much appreciated. I am very happy to hear that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. Our staff try to assist with any queries and requests to the best of their abilities and I'm thrilled that your needs were met. I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of the convenient travel options available. It is very handy having the train station walking distance from the hotel and is such a quick journey that ut makes all trips to the centre of Edinburgh quick and comfortable. I will also pass on your lovely comments in regard to the Cuddie Brae. They will be very appreciative of your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Ok, i parked in the wrong car park.....i went to the gym car park next door by accident, only to be approached by a muscle bound individual that kindly told me Premier Inn car park was next door....i never caught her name!
Anyway, as far as hotels go, this is the best i've been to in Edinburgh..spacious parking, great rooms,professional staff, overall, yes, a fine experience.
As for train noise...none, you'll need to bring your Hornby set , i had a great sleep!
Now to dinner and breakfast, decided to eat there instead of venturing out.....honestly one of THE best i've ever had at a Premier Inn...this restaurant is great!
This Premier Inn + Restaurant = Excellent.
Enough said.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that every aspect of your stay was so enjoyable. I'm glad you found our staff to be of a good quality and will pass on your comments. We aim to provide the very best of service to our guests and are always willing to go that extra mile to ensure our guests are happy and satisfied. I am also happy to hear you were pleased with the room provided. I'm sure the Cuddie Brae restaurant and bar next door will be as elated to hear your positive feedback as we have been. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.