All reviews cuddie brae retail park train station pub next door attached pub train times adjoining restaurant park and ride city centre brewers fayre good nights sleep family room reception staff main road easy access excellent stay comfortable room
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Good standard for premier inn,staff very helpful,rooms recently upgraded to air conditioning in each room.
Pub next door OK for food.
Need a car to access as outside Edinburgh itself.
Restaurant's in nearby musleburgh with a look

Room Tip: Railway line to rear with occasional goods train during night,ask for a front room if this may disturb.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank shocks3360
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you found the rooms to be of a good standard. Please be advised that while we are outside the centre of Edinburgh, we do have a wonderful bus and train service, with the Park and Ride just across the road. Perhaps you will take advantage of this on your next stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Lovely welcome with plenty of info available.
Shame the free wifi told me my time was up when trying to load a page immediately after signing in though. I had to use my own mobile internet, but all in all nothing to complain about :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank roamingnanaof4
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We are always happy to provide information regarding the local area, transport and anything else we can help with. I am sorry to hear you had a problem using our wifi. Please in future feel free to contact us at reception and we will be moe than happy to assist you. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Staff very helpful when we arrived.Ask for details about visiting Edinburgh,they will give you a printed fact sheet.
Room was ok,new heater/air conditioning has just been installed.However the shower was faulty & the room was not cleaned properly on one of the 3 days, workmen were still on site installing the heating but this was no problem for us.We were unlucky having a room next to reception which was noisey with people walking past banging the door but this again did not spoil a great stay in this premier inn.
Left car in car park & took a 200 yard walk to the railway station where for £3.80 you can get a day return ticket directly into the center of Edinburgh 4 miles away.
Pub next to the premier inn at Newgraighall was very good, it was not just pub grub,
we will be returning for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Well firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were having problems with your shower. In future, please advise reception of any problems immediatey and we will arrange any maintenence required or arrange a room move if possible. I am also disappointed to hear that you have negative feedback regarding our housekeeping team. We aim to clean our rooms to the highest standard and so this is not usual practice for us. I will be sure to pass on this feedback to my team.

I am thrilled that you found our staff so helpful. We are always happy to provide as much travel information as possible to make your exploration as simple as we can. I will also pass on your kind feedback regarding the Cuddie Brae next door. Im sure they will be delighted.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and please feel free to call ahead of your arrival to request a room in a specific part of the hotel, as we will be happy to assist wherever possible.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

If youve been to any Premier Inn you will have no suprises here, standard clean room with good shower (must say the best pressure on a hotel shower ive ever had!). I travel a lot and stay in hotels and like a hotel with more character, so maybe a little harsh in this review.
PROS - friendly staff, ample parking, clean rooms, good cleaners, comfortable beds, quite location, bar nextdoor. CONS - Hotel in need of refurb, front desk not always staffed (just a doorbell), no phones in rooms, charge for wifi (free for 30mins).

Room Tip: rooms to rear have view of freight trains passing however windows are triple glazed so rarely wake you
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed the shower in your room and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I am also happy to hear that you have such positive feedback regarding the staff. We try to be as helpful and friendly as possible and are always happy to assist in any way we can.

I apologise if you felt there was not always a staff member available to you. The reception desk is manned 24 hours a day, however when another guest requires assistance, this often requires us to leave the desk for a time. The buzzer is merely an indicator that we are erquired back at reception straight away and aim to return as soon as possible.

I hope this has not discouraged you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Excellent hotel in a good location just off A1, ideal for visiting Edinburgh and surrounding area. Staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel was very clean. Brewers Fayre next door, excellent breakfast from 6.30 to 10.30 (great if you want a lay in! ). All round good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AliNorthLincolnshire

I am so happy you have taken the time to post your review of our hotel. Im glad you found our location ideal for your exploratory needs and will pass on your kind words to the Cuddie Brae restaurant and bar next door. Im sure they will be thrilled with your comments.

I'm glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. During your next visit, please feel free to approach us with any questions or requests as we will be more than happy to help wherever possible.

We hope to see you again soon.