“Good location”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Located close to the A1 and also Newcraighall train station, which offers regular trains to Edinburgh (~10mins and £4 return!).
The rooms are clean and adequate for one or two nights.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Food (incl Breakfast and drink) in the attached pub are of very good quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank neilb1959
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Neil, thank you for your recent review. I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and found the rooms to be of a good standard. Our housekeepers ensure every room is cleaned and maintained to the highest standard. I agree, the location is very handy especially being right next to the train station. I am thrilled that you found the staff polite and helpful. We always aim to help our guests with anything we can and are happy to go that extra mile with any additional requests. I hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Brilliant loacation and the room was very comfy. Me and my boy friend just left it to our imagination.... great pub near by. brilliant staff. Edinborough is just a trin ride away. great for a week end away...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rita J

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review Rita. Im glad you found the location ideal for you. It is wonderful having the train station right across the road and being such a short journey from Edinburgh Centre. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae Pub & Restaurant next door. Im sure they will be very happy with your comments. I am also happy to hear that you were happy with the staff service provided. We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I are very frequent users of Premier Inns (over 30 different hotels and counting) and would never consider using anyone else, the Newcraighall hotel I would put in the top three (probably first to be honest) - from the actual booking of the hotel where we changed from staying for 3 nights to 4 could not have been simpler the receptionist immediately made sure that we did not have to change rooms even though the fourth night was a new booking. Room was first class as was the location, what an inspired decision to put the hotel so close to the railway station, getting to the centre of Edinburgh was so easy.

The staff as usual were magnificent and nothing was too much trouble, I am slightly hard of hearing and I noticed that the TV volume was on a fixed setting(I had not encountered this before), but after explaining this the guy on reception was very helpful and put it up a couple of notches which was perfect.

Thank you for helping to make my wife's birthday holiday so memorable and rest assured we will be returning later in the year.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front and had no noise issues at all, did not hear one train in four nights
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry R
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience while staying with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our reception and housekeeping staff as they will be very pleased to hear that you hold them in such high regard. I agree, the train station being right across the road is very handy, especially for those spur of the moment shopping trips. :) I hope your wife had a wonderful birthday and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Just stayed again at the Premier Inn on business , once again great stay , rooms bright and cheery as are all the staff .
Nothing is to much trouble . I had a few parking issues that were sorted out for me with the reception staff without them it would have meant disaster.
My only gripe is that most of the hotel parking spaces are used by people using private gym next door , who mostly park badly!!!!
But worst of all you can not get a space for them this needs to get addressed as it is an on going problem as I use this hotel often.
The Staff are the very professional and are pleased to see returning customers. They are a real credit to the business from the cleaners to reception .
The food next door in the Cuddy Brae is the best with lots of offers and choices with great good .
So to sum up this is the best premier inn in the area. 10/10.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank chinchalk
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review. We value our regular guests a great deal and appreciate your feedback. I am thrilled that you find our staff professional and helpful. We are always happy to go that extra mile for our guests and welcome requests for additional assistance. I am very sorry about the parking issues you encountered and I can assure you this is being addressed. We always put our guests needs first and the carpark is our facility which we want only our guests taking full advantage of. I will also pass on your lovely comments to the Cuddie Brae. I'm sure they will be elated with such a glowing review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Newcraighall very soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Good standard for premier inn,staff very helpful,rooms recently upgraded to air conditioning in each room.
Pub next door OK for food.
Need a car to access as outside Edinburgh itself.
Restaurant's in nearby musleburgh with a look

Room Tip: Railway line to rear with occasional goods train during night,ask for a front room if this may distu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank shocks3360
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you found the rooms to be of a good standard. Please be advised that while we are outside the centre of Edinburgh, we do have a wonderful bus and train service, with the Park and Ride just across the road. Perhaps you will take advantage of this on your next stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Lovely welcome with plenty of info available.
Shame the free wifi told me my time was up when trying to load a page immediately after signing in though. I had to use my own mobile internet, but all in all nothing to complain about :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank roamingnanaof4
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We are always happy to provide information regarding the local area, transport and anything else we can help with. I am sorry to hear you had a problem using our wifi. Please in future feel free to contact us at reception and we will be moe than happy to assist you. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Staff very helpful when we arrived.Ask for details about visiting Edinburgh,they will give you a printed fact sheet.
Room was ok,new heater/air conditioning has just been installed.However the shower was faulty & the room was not cleaned properly on one of the 3 days, workmen were still on site installing the heating but this was no problem for us.We were unlucky having a room next to reception which was noisey with people walking past banging the door but this again did not spoil a great stay in this premier inn.
Left car in car park & took a 200 yard walk to the railway station where for £3.80 you can get a day return ticket directly into the center of Edinburgh 4 miles away.
Pub next to the premier inn at Newgraighall was very good, it was not just pub grub,
we will be returning for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Well firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were having problems with your shower. In future, please advise reception of any problems immediatey and we will arrange any maintenence required or arrange a room move if possible. I am also disappointed to hear that you have negative feedback regarding our housekeeping team. We aim to clean our rooms to the highest standard and so this is not usual practice for us. I will be sure to pass on this feedback to my team.

I am thrilled that you found our staff so helpful. We are always happy to provide as much travel information as possible to make your exploration as simple as we can. I will also pass on your kind feedback regarding the Cuddie Brae next door. Im sure they will be delighted.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and please feel free to call ahead of your arrival to request a room in a specific part of the hotel, as we will be happy to assist wherever possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh Park (The Gyle) Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!