“Beautiful hotel that blends into the surroundings”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As with all Premier Inns that I have stayed in, everything was excellent.
This one though is in a lovely location and the bar is very reasonable on prices. Finally I must mention the Staff, from the reception staff to the bar and restaurant staff and the room cleaning staff all were very friendly and pleasent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. It is wonderful to hear such nice feedback. I agree that the location of the hotel is ideal and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Cuddie Brae next door. I am so glad to hear that you were so happy with the staff and hope we can all welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Premier Inn accommodation was up to its usual high standard of comfort and cleanliness. The reception staff were also welcoming, helpful, and professional. Meals were taken in the co-located bar/restaurant ("Caddie Brae"). As pub-grub goes it was tasty, filling, and reasonably priced. However, the disappointment came when we went for breakfast (served from 7 till 9) and found that the hot food had to be ordered (no "help yourself to all you can eat" as advertised by the Premier Inn). That said, what I ordered was sufficient. At 8.58am breakfast was closed and the waiters started to clear away, which I thought was a bit off!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello Philip,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled that you were so happy with the hotel overall and that you found the staff helpful and pleasant. Although the breakfast is not a buffet you are still welcome to order as much as you like. I apologise if this was not made clear to you and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Cuddie Brae. We appreciate all feedback so that we can ensure our guests are 100% satisfied with us from start to finish. I really hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

As we stayed in many Premier Inn hotels before, there was no surprise in here too. It was comfortable, safe and clean. Although it's a bit far from city center, there is a train station very close which is quite convenient to take a local train to get the center in ten minutes or so. Hotel's breakfast was good enough and plentiful of foods. Room was big and always clean as expected from a PI hotel. There is a cafeteria/bar building adjacent to the hotel which is good to have a drink before going to the bed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Ankara, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate Edinburgh A1 Newraighall Premier Inn. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and that you come back time and time again. We all strive to be the best hotel chain there is and having your feedback is extremely encouraging. I will pass on your comments to Cuddie Brae about there breakfasts, they will be thrilled.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Premier Inn.

Premeir Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is one of the best Premier Inns we have stayed at and is very convenient for visiting Edinburgh when travelling by car.

The rooms are newly renovated and clean good size beds and plenty of space, the staff where excellent and very helpful.

The restaurant next door Cuddie Braes was very good and we had 4 evening meals there and all where good value, together with the excellent selection of drinks.

You can leave your car there and travel by bus into the town centre for £1.50 which is better than taking a car.

All round an excellent break and value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and we had room no 34 on top floor very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Yorkie, Thank you so much for your kind review. I would like to thank you for taking the time to go on to trip advisor and rate your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your 5 days with us and that you loved our new rooms. My team and I are very proud of them. I will also pass on your kind comments to the Cuddie Brae. We look forward to welcoming you back to Newcraighall in the near future

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Contractors yard next to bedroom. Vehicles and work noise at 7am.
Staff showed little concern.
Good nights sleep guaranteed policy seems to be worthless.
Complained about early morning noise to reception and received a rather reluctant apology - no mention of so called guarantee

2  Thank phil h
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and you feel that your complaint was not dealt with appropriately. I can assure you this will be investigated. I am aware that the refurbishment caused some inconvenience to our guests and we tried our very best to ensure the disruption was minimal. I apologise that this was not the case for your self and I will be happy to discuss this further with you if you wish to give me a call on 0131 657 8800.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Posted wrong review last time this is the hotel we stayed in. Fantastic location for Edinburgh excellent transport links to city.Staff very helpful and hotel spotless. Restaurant next door offers good value and is very homely try the haggis if you get a chance.

• Stayed: August 2013
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. I agree the location of the hotel is ideal. With a bus stop right outside the hotel and a train station across the road, it's perfect for anyone looking to visit the centre of Edinbugh. I am very happy to hear you were pleased with our staff and found us helpful. We aim to assist our guests with any queries and requests they may have and we are always willing to go that little but further to ensure our guests have the very best possible stay. I will also pass on your kind comments to our housekeeping manager who I am sure will be thrilled with your satisfaction regarding hotel cleanliness. Our housekeepers work very hard to ensure the whole hotel is cleaned to the very highest standard. We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked two nights in this Premier Inn and I must say that the first 46 hours out of 48 were as perfect as usual. Very friendly and efficent personnel, quiet and confortable room..the usual very good service that I am used to find in a Premier Inn.
Then it came the last 2 hours that unfortunately upset everything.
The second morning I was waken up by loud noises coming from the near rooms, people banging the wall and quite concerning loud sounds that you do not expect in a hotel.
I prepared myself for leaving quite worried by all that strange noise and when I left my room I saw indeed plenty of workers in the corridor carrying away parts of furniture, cabinets etc that had been taken off the walls of the other room in that area.
They looked at me as I was a ghost as I walked down to the reception where indeed I found out that right that morning they were starting a renovation of that entire wing.
Well.....they could have told in advance at least. Quite strange and unexpected way to be kicked off an hotel room. Sorry but that's not the way.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GiorgioG_11
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Travelodge Edinburgh Cameron Toll
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!