“Great hotel in ease of the city without paying silly prices..”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #25 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
The midlands
“Great hotel in ease of the city without paying silly prices..”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great new premier inn, rooms are nice and spacious with plasma tv.s.. Great pub next door, train station across the road with regular trains into Edinburgh city centre and only cost a couple of pounds... Trains don't run on bank holidays though. Staff were very friendly, wouldn't hesitate on using again when visiting edinburgh

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi Lenny, I appreciate you taking the time to write your great review. I am glad you like our new rooms. I agree the new plasmas are wonderful. Just what you need when kicking back and relaxing in your room. The train line acrodd the road is very handy for transport in to Edinburgh as is our bus service which stops just outside the hotel and runs every day. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae next door. We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the future.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just what you need for a weekend away with friends! Somewhere to sleep and somewhere safe to park the car. Staff were friendly and very helpful which always makes it more pleasant. Would recommend this premier inn to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Brenda, Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so happy to hear that you found the staff pleasant and helpful. We always try to go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. We also have a 24 hour CCTV operation in place all over our car park to ensure our guests cars are safe at all times. We look forward to welcoming you back to Newcraighall in the future.

NorthEastUK
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My first stay here since May 2013 and the refurb (in June?) and my first impression on entering the room was that I'd been upgraded!
The rooms are now almost up to 4 star hotel, well furnished with large flat screen wall mounted TV, upgraded furniture and bathroom and the usual very comfy bed.
Staff: as friendly and helpful as always.

The only niggle was in the Cuddie Brae Pub/Restaurant both in the evening and morning.
On neither occasion was it particularly busy, but the service was not really up to previous standards, with a long wait for service making me feel like I was being ignored!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Hello Neil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We as a company appreciate all feedback. I am thrilled to hear about your reception of our new rooms. We are very pleased with our refurbishment and are glad you feel the same way. I am also happy to hear your positive comments regarding our staff.

As for your comments regarding the Cuddie Brae next door, I am very sorry for the service you received. We have fed this back to the management next door and have been assured that this will be addressed right away.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just back from short visit - been to hotel before on several occasions - guy at desk with glasses is second to none - absolutely fantastic, so helpful and obviously loves his job. However went for breakfast on first day but arrived at 10.03 (breakfast finished at 10.00) still thought we could get something. Asked tall guy who was clearing tables (other people were still in restaurant) if we could still get breakfast and he replied "it's closed, but I can get you the breakfast menu but you'll need to pay". I advised him we had already paid for our Premier Inn breakfast and it was only 3 minutes late to which he replied: "it's closed" and looked down. He served us again today and to say lacked any form of enthusiasm is a total understatement! Also felt restaurant was not as clean and tidy as previously - rubbish in the coal skuttle there on Sunday morning still there on Tuesday - unfortunately will not be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience. Firstly I am glad that Mikey was helpful and you were happy with his service. As for the service you received in the Cuddie Brae, I am very sorry for the disappointment. We aim to provide our guests with the best experience possible and this is not acceptable. We have fed back your concerns to the staff next door and the appropriate training will be done. I hope this has not ruined your experience with Premier Inn.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As with all Premier Inns that I have stayed in, everything was excellent.
This one though is in a lovely location and the bar is very reasonable on prices. Finally I must mention the Staff, from the reception staff to the bar and restaurant staff and the room cleaning staff all were very friendly and pleasent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. It is wonderful to hear such nice feedback. I agree that the location of the hotel is ideal and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Cuddie Brae next door. I am so glad to hear that you were so happy with the staff and hope we can all welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The Premier Inn accommodation was up to its usual high standard of comfort and cleanliness. The reception staff were also welcoming, helpful, and professional. Meals were taken in the co-located bar/restaurant ("Caddie Brae"). As pub-grub goes it was tasty, filling, and reasonably priced. However, the disappointment came when we went for breakfast (served from 7 till 9) and found that the hot food had to be ordered (no "help yourself to all you can eat" as advertised by the Premier Inn). That said, what I ordered was sufficient. At 8.58am breakfast was closed and the waiters started to clear away, which I thought was a bit off!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Hello Philip,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled that you were so happy with the hotel overall and that you found the staff helpful and pleasant. Although the breakfast is not a buffet you are still welcome to order as much as you like. I apologise if this was not made clear to you and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Cuddie Brae. We appreciate all feedback so that we can ensure our guests are 100% satisfied with us from start to finish. I really hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As we stayed in many Premier Inn hotels before, there was no surprise in here too. It was comfortable, safe and clean. Although it's a bit far from city center, there is a train station very close which is quite convenient to take a local train to get the center in ten minutes or so. Hotel's breakfast was good enough and plentiful of foods. Room was big and always clean as expected from a PI hotel. There is a cafeteria/bar building adjacent to the hotel which is good to have a drink before going to the bed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Ankara, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate Edinburgh A1 Newraighall Premier Inn. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and that you come back time and time again. We all strive to be the best hotel chain there is and having your feedback is extremely encouraging. I will pass on your comments to Cuddie Brae about there breakfasts, they will be thrilled.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Premier Inn.

Kindest Regards

Claire Nickerson
Operations Manager
Premeir Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Travelodge Edinburgh Cameron Toll

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!