“Excellent value and spotless accommodation”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #26 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and spotless accommodation”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Chose this hotel for an overnight stay whilst attending a course. It was excellent value for money, staff were very friendly and attentive and the room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. I was able to park at the front door. Had considered the George Hotel in Edinburgh but with no parking and three times the cost if the premier inn for a quick overnight stay I decided against it. I realise it's not luxury accommodation or food but it was warm, comfortable, very affordable and very very clean. I would definitely use them again if a similar situation arose.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hi Gill,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. I am so happy that you were impressed with the staff and cleanliness and will be sure to feedback your comments to the staff. Our housekeepers have a very high standard when cleaning the rooms and all staff do their very best to ensure all of our guests needs are being met. We hope to have you staying with us again in the near future.

Claire Nickerson
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hotel was lovely.clean and excellent customer service. Pub next door was lovely with great food and so friendly was in a lovey quiet location and staff couldn't of done enough for us an amazing selection for breakfast

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hilary h
Hi Hilary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience while staying with us and will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff and also the staff in the Cuddie Brae next door. We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall soon.

Claire Nickerson
Operations Manager
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here on Saturday 27th October in a Family room.
The young man at reception was very friendly and professional.
The room has recently been renovated to a very high standard. The kids loved the large TV.
There is a pub next door. We didn't eat there in the evening but we had breakfast which was very good and good value. I did go into the bar at about 10pm when the kids had gone to bed (their Mother stayed with them!) with the intention of having a pint and reading the paper. There were no comfy chairs to lounge in only dining tables and chairs. Also, as it was late there were only about 3 couples in the whole pub so it was a bit like a pub on the moon i.e. no atmosphere!
I sat in the car instead as I'm not keen on sitting in pubs on my own.
I understand that there's public transport into Edinburgh but we just used the car and parked on the side of London road free on a Sunday.
We paid £39 which is brilliant value but I think that he prices have gone up considerably presumably to pay for the refurb.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Hello Mike, Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad that your family enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms. I'm with your kids and love the new TVs! I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the Cuddie Brae next door. They, like us, appreciate all feedback so that service levels can be improved. Please next time feel free to take your drink to your room should you wish to do so. I understand having a drink alone is not much fun. We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 12 noon - v early but hoping to leave our luggage - the manager was really welcoming and helpful as were the two or three other members of staff we met during our one night stay. The room, newly refurbished, was lovely and of a standard for which we have paid double at other establishments. Excellent value and we intend a return trip!

• Stayed October 2013
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write your lovely review. I am so happy to hear that you like our new refurbished rooms. We are very proud of them and the standard to which our housekeeping team keeps them. I am also happy to hear that you felt very welcome and satisfied with our staff service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Newcraighall in the near future.

Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Recently stayed over here just for one night as I was here last year and enjoyed my stay, rooms have all been refurbished with new lcd flat screen tv's on the wall this time which is a lot better as it frees up space on dresser, staff couldn't have been more helfull and very pleasant , only one thing they only provided one set of towels and we needed two but the gentleman at reception apologized and got me another set , that was the only thing that was wrong but all in all a very pleasant stay indeed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you like our new refurbished rooms. I agree, the televisions being on the wall is very handy and frees up a lot of space. I apologise that you didn't originally receive the correct amount of towels but I am glad the problem was rectified quickly. It is lovely to hear that you were so pleased with our staff as well and we all hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn some time very soon.

The midlands
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great new premier inn, rooms are nice and spacious with plasma tv.s.. Great pub next door, train station across the road with regular trains into Edinburgh city centre and only cost a couple of pounds... Trains don't run on bank holidays though. Staff were very friendly, wouldn't hesitate on using again when visiting edinburgh

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MargaretAuld, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hi Lenny, I appreciate you taking the time to write your great review. I am glad you like our new rooms. I agree the new plasmas are wonderful. Just what you need when kicking back and relaxing in your room. The train line acrodd the road is very handy for transport in to Edinburgh as is our bus service which stops just outside the hotel and runs every day. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae next door. We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just what you need for a weekend away with friends! Somewhere to sleep and somewhere safe to park the car. Staff were friendly and very helpful which always makes it more pleasant. Would recommend this premier inn to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Brenda, Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so happy to hear that you found the staff pleasant and helpful. We always try to go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. We also have a 24 hour CCTV operation in place all over our car park to ensure our guests cars are safe at all times. We look forward to welcoming you back to Newcraighall in the future.

Duty Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Broughton & Calton
Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (York Place)

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!