“Not very good at dealing with problems”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #26 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Not very good at dealing with problems”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a poor nights sleep due to the noise factor of the hotel guests inside the building and outside the building, we have stopped here on several occasions and noise was the problem before when complaining to the staff seemed uninterested they said they would pass it on to the manager.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank madfreddy91
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hello Freddy, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry that you feel that your problem was not dealt with properly. I would like to get this sorted for you ASAP so please can you contact myself Claire Nickerson on 0131 657 8800 so we can discuss this further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stay here on business trips about 10 times a year and because of the superb staff even use it for leisure visits, cant recommend the hotel highly enough and even better facilities since the renovation last year. Now if the TV can be turned up a little more as the settings on volume are quite low that would help.

The staff are always welcoming and interested in how your day has been. Sadly they have no availability for my next visit so have to stay at another Premier Inn which is not anywhere near as good.
M Harrison, Pontefract

Room Tip: All rooms have great facilities, railway line at the back can occassionly disturb you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Micheal H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Im glad the hotel meets your needs and that the renovatation is to your liking. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the volume on the television was a little low. This is a noise preventative measure as we know that guests will sleep at different times. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Im glad the staff made you feel welcome and showed an interest in your day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premmier Inn in the near future,

Newcastleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I found my stay very comfortable and the food very good and our mealswasverry good I found it hard to listen to the tellevison as the volume was far to low and I could not turn it up any louder other than that it was very good

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hello Peter,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am so glad to hear that you were happy with the hotel and also the restaurant next door. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae staff. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the volume on the television was a little low. This is a noise preventative measure as we know that guests will sleep at different times and we would hate for any of our guests to be bothered by one of the televisions while trying to rest. I appreciate that some people require more volume and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.

brisbane
Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you want to visit Edinburgh this hotel provides an economical option within close proximity. Bonus is a very large outdoor shopping centre (which is being extended) within 200 metres. We stayed 3 nights recently. Went into city by bus on the Sunday (trains don't run on Sundays) and caught train the next day which is two stops from Edinburgh. Room was clean, check in and check out were efficient, staff were helpful with public transport information and the cost was very reasonable. We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant next door and the meals were satisfactory.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gertie55
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear our hotel met all of your needs and expectations. I agree that Fort Kinnaird being just a few minutes away is fantastic. A great selection of shops right on our door step. Also our public transport is wonderful. Reliable and regular to the city centre and also down to Musselburgh.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Excellent location with easy access from the A1. Also excellent access to Edinburgh-further 20 mins by car.
Good value. Clean rooms/bathrooms. Friendly service. Brewers Fayre, next door very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that our hotel was convenient and met all of your needs. Our housekeeping team work very hard to ensure the rooms are cleaned to the very best standard. Our reception team also really do care about each and every one of our guests and hope to provide the very best of service.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Ryhope, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

An excellent hotel. We originally wanted to book Musselburgh premier inn which is not far away but that was full for this night. I was unsure of what to expect but it was fantastic! On arrival we were a little early so we went straight to the hotel and the receptionist was great. She explained lots about travel and what to do in edinburgh. She even printed off train times for us even though we didn't ask. We had an excellent night. It was a great room, clean, nicely decorated all finished well. It had great storage with a hairdryer that was brilliant to use (not like a tiny travel hairdryer you usually get!). Lots of pillows, towels and toilet roll. The children loved the room also. It had a great mirror near the door with excellent lighting that I really want to buy now! The bathroom was lovely too with a great bath and shower. I cannot fault the service, the location or hotel.
The disappointment was only with the restaurant next door. We had read the reviews and planned to eat somewhere else but it ended up just being convienient to stay near the hotel. It cost a lot for a family of 4 in comparrison to brewers fayer type restaurants. But most things we asked for were not available. It was little things like sauces, side dishes so that the meals we got were incomplete. My daughter ordered a pork rack of ribs which is an unusual dish for a childs menu and she loved it and ate it all so that was the one good thing. We had booked and paid for breakfast. It was ok maybe 5/10. Nothing that impressive and likely we might eat somewhere else when we hopefully return.

Room Tip: There is a Bannatynes gym next door to the hotel. I asked if it was open to hotel guest and the rec...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Sarah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am thrilled at your response to our newly refurbished rooms. I agree the new hairdryers make a massive difference to us girls! We are also always happy to allow our guests an earlier check in time whenever possible and will do whatever we can to ensure our guests receive as much relevant information on the area as possible.

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with the Cuddie Brae restaurant next door. I will be sure to pass on all of your feedback so that the relevant measures can be put in to place so that this is not repeated. Should you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us at any time.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Everything about my stay was great, from arriving early where staff check me in without having to wait, to the room which was spotless... big shout out to the staff from reception to cleanser's so helpful & friendly highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us here at Newcraighall. We are always happy to allow our guests an earlier check in time whenever we possibly can. Our staff work very hard to ensure our rooms are cleaned to the very highest standard and that our guests feel very at home.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighalll again in the near future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Broughton & Calton
Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre (York Place)

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!