“Premier inn Edinburgh”

Ranked #25 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Yorkshire
“Premier inn Edinburgh”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay here if we go to Edinburgh its joined to a pub ( food is rubbish save your money ) the rooms are really good for a Premier inn best one yet for me and its free parking and five minutes walk to the train platform you can use the ticket machine or pay onboard no hassel trip to Edinburgh and its just off the A1

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mick7804
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello Mick,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled to hear you are so happy with our hotel and your experience with us. Our rooms were refurbished last year and I am so pleased to hear that you loved the refurbishment as much as we do. I agree that having the train station just across the road is very handy, meaning a trip to Edinburgh City Centre is quick and easy.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Highly recommend peaceful surroundings and friendly staff. Hotel was exactly what you pay for...
Great place for commuting to edinburgh and other site seeing places. Plenty of local food restaurants and eateries.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear you were so pleased with your experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my staff. I agree that our location is perfect for people looking to explore Edinburgh. With the train line just across the road and regular busses, Edinburgh City Centre is only 8 minutes away.

We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well appointed, clean, efficient- frankly all that we wanted.
I booked and paid on line and got an excellent deal for three rooms. As a working family of five, we were all happy with the quality.
Check out time at 11 was OK for us and you pay if you eat breakfast in adjoining restaurant.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Bruce,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased to hear that our hotel met all of your requirements and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping team work very hard to ensure our rooms are cleaned to the highest standard. Also with our perfect location and wonderful local transport we are the ideal hotel for anyone looking to explore edinburgh.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a poor nights sleep due to the noise factor of the hotel guests inside the building and outside the building, we have stopped here on several occasions and noise was the problem before when complaining to the staff seemed uninterested they said they would pass it on to the manager.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank madfreddy91
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hello Freddy, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry that you feel that your problem was not dealt with properly. I would like to get this sorted for you ASAP so please can you contact myself Claire Nickerson on 0131 657 8800 so we can discuss this further.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stay here on business trips about 10 times a year and because of the superb staff even use it for leisure visits, cant recommend the hotel highly enough and even better facilities since the renovation last year. Now if the TV can be turned up a little more as the settings on volume are quite low that would help.

The staff are always welcoming and interested in how your day has been. Sadly they have no availability for my next visit so have to stay at another Premier Inn which is not anywhere near as good.
M Harrison, Pontefract

Room Tip: All rooms have great facilities, railway line at the back can occassionly disturb you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Micheal H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Im glad the hotel meets your needs and that the renovatation is to your liking. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the volume on the television was a little low. This is a noise preventative measure as we know that guests will sleep at different times. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Im glad the staff made you feel welcome and showed an interest in your day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premmier Inn in the near future,

Newcastleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I found my stay very comfortable and the food very good and our mealswasverry good I found it hard to listen to the tellevison as the volume was far to low and I could not turn it up any louder other than that it was very good

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hello Peter,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am so glad to hear that you were happy with the hotel and also the restaurant next door. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae staff. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the volume on the television was a little low. This is a noise preventative measure as we know that guests will sleep at different times and we would hate for any of our guests to be bothered by one of the televisions while trying to rest. I appreciate that some people require more volume and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.

brisbane
Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you want to visit Edinburgh this hotel provides an economical option within close proximity. Bonus is a very large outdoor shopping centre (which is being extended) within 200 metres. We stayed 3 nights recently. Went into city by bus on the Sunday (trains don't run on Sundays) and caught train the next day which is two stops from Edinburgh. Room was clean, check in and check out were efficient, staff were helpful with public transport information and the cost was very reasonable. We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant next door and the meals were satisfactory.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gertie55
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear our hotel met all of your needs and expectations. I agree that Fort Kinnaird being just a few minutes away is fantastic. A great selection of shops right on our door step. Also our public transport is wonderful. Reliable and regular to the city centre and also down to Musselburgh.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Travelodge Edinburgh Cameron Toll

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!