“Nice room, poor parking”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #55 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Arrived back at the hotel late in the evening after a business meeting to find the car park completely full - mainly white vans and small trucks. Had to park my car on the road.

Wanted a quiet drink in the bar but this was impossible due to the noise from ongoing renovation in the restaurant/bar area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello JRL96,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the room. Our hotel was fully refurbished last year and our housekeeping team, work very hard to ensure the rooms are maintained to the very best standard.

I am very sorry to hear you had a problem with parking. Usually during busy periods we can rely on the parking spaces in front of the attached pub to accommodate our guests. As you have stated there were works being carried out, I can only assume that this is why this was not the case during your stay. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We also have a Park and Ride just across the road which has substantial parking should this be of any help to you in the future.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the management team of the Cuddie Brae bar and restaurant. I am sure that, like us, all renovations are done so that all customers are provided with the very best facilities available and I am sure they will be very disappointed to hear they have inconvenienced you.

We hope that this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night over the Easter weekend and were really impressed by the facilities. This hotel looks to be very new and compared to other premier inns that we have stayed in this is the best.
It is in a great location. The staff were excellent -very helpful. The restraint next door had good food but was on the pricey side.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will be stopping here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew N
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. We appreciate all feedback so that we can ensure we are providing the best possible service.

I am thrilled to hear you were so happy with the facilities and our newly refurbished rooms and reception. I agree that they are a wonderful addition to our hotels perfect location. Not only do we have a local shopping complex a few minutes walk from the hotel but, we are only an eight minute train journey to Edinburgh City Centre.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our staff, as I am sure they will be very happy to hear that you found them friendly and helpful. Our staff always go that extra mile to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay and feel brilliant through a great nights sleep.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

By mistake call center booked me for 15 June instead of 15 May 2014. I arrived at the hotel on 15 May without seeing the confirmation email that it was booked for 15 June. After my arrival at 1230 am on 16th, the reception guy couldn't find the booking because of wrong dates, however I wasn't impressed with their reservation system because it wasn't accepting the booking number so check in agent was also confused. However when I got to know that I didn't have booking for such date and the hotel was full, he personally took interest and arranged a room at Best Western near his hotel. I really liked his positive attitude to help me to find a room at that late hours. I will definitely stay in this hotel on Sep 14.

Room Tip: They are always very polite
Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologise that there was some confusion regarding your booking. Please feel free to call us at the hote directly when making future bookings and we will be happy to take care of everything for you. I am so pleased to hear that our staff took care of you and arranged alternative accomodation for you. We are always happy to assist whenever we can.

We look forward to your arrival with us in September and hope you enjoy your stay. Shoud you have any queries or require any further help, please give us a call anytime on 0131 657 8800.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay here if we go to Edinburgh its joined to a pub ( food is rubbish save your money ) the rooms are really good for a Premier inn best one yet for me and its free parking and five minutes walk to the train platform you can use the ticket machine or pay onboard no hassel trip to Edinburgh and its just off the A1

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mick7804

Hello Mick,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled to hear you are so happy with our hotel and your experience with us. Our rooms were refurbished last year and I am so pleased to hear that you loved the refurbishment as much as we do. I agree that having the train station just across the road is very handy, meaning a trip to Edinburgh City Centre is quick and easy.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Highly recommend peaceful surroundings and friendly staff. Hotel was exactly what you pay for...
Great place for commuting to edinburgh and other site seeing places. Plenty of local food restaurants and eateries.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear you were so pleased with your experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to my staff. I agree that our location is perfect for people looking to explore Edinburgh. With the train line just across the road and regular busses, Edinburgh City Centre is only 8 minutes away.

We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well appointed, clean, efficient- frankly all that we wanted.
I booked and paid on line and got an excellent deal for three rooms. As a working family of five, we were all happy with the quality.
Check out time at 11 was OK for us and you pay if you eat breakfast in adjoining restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Bruce,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased to hear that our hotel met all of your requirements and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping team work very hard to ensure our rooms are cleaned to the highest standard. Also with our perfect location and wonderful local transport we are the ideal hotel for anyone looking to explore edinburgh.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a poor nights sleep due to the noise factor of the hotel guests inside the building and outside the building, we have stopped here on several occasions and noise was the problem before when complaining to the staff seemed uninterested they said they would pass it on to the manager.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank madfreddy91
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hello Freddy, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry that you feel that your problem was not dealt with properly. I would like to get this sorted for you ASAP so please can you contact myself Claire Nickerson on 0131 657 8800 so we can discuss this further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh Leith Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
Travelodge Edinburgh Cameron Toll
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Musselburgh) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel? Share your experiences!