“Musselburgh A1 Premier Inn review”

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Gorey, Ireland
“Musselburgh A1 Premier Inn review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very good value for money. Quiet location but near enough to Motorway for ease of travel. Staff helpful and friendly. Restaurant very good. Would stay again if I was in the area! Good central area for travel onwards. Easy to get to Glasgow and Edinburgh from here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Oliver,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that our location was ideal for your needs, and that you found our reception staff friendly and helpful. Every single one of our guests is important to us and we are always happy to go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two night's with my husband and two little girls. Had a family room which was very spacious, clean, modern and met our needs. Great price and bonus was the on site parking. No probs with parking as other people have reported.
Had dinner in the attached pub on both nights and this was excellent. Breakfast within the pub as well. This was great on the second day but on the first day the hot breakfast was very dry, as if it had been reheated, left mine was horrible.
Noted that a few people complained about the noise of the trains. The railway line is very close to the hotel however, although we heard trains during the day, the noise was not excessive and we didn't notice it at all on the night .
Overall a lovely little hotel which we would happily use again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Claralou1981
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Claralou,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your lovely review. I am thrilled to hear you loved our spacious family rooms. The rooms were just refurbished last year hence the modern, fresh feel. Premier Inn commit to providing our guests with the very best rooms possible. We promise great rooms, great people and great value!

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae restaurant next door. They appreciate all feedback so that they can provide the very best customer service.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very good comfortable quite room even though it is close to a main road and rail line. all rooms have triple glazing that stops just about all outside noise. Staff very polite and friendly nothing too much trouble. would have no doubts about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

I agree that the triple glazing is wonderful at blocking out any noise. You can almost pretend the outside world isn’t there!

I am glad you were so pleased with our staff. We know that every guest is important and we always try to do everything we possibly can to ensure our guests feel brilliant through a great nights sleep.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here the beginning of June for 3 nights. The room was more than adequate for ourselves, spotless, an ok shower, tv, kettle, tea coffee not many sachets left but you can always ask for more. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, especially following a 6 hour journey, helping us with all our stuff, you can't travel light with a 6 month old. Also the staff in the adjoining pub where we had breakfast were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John W
Hello John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in our refurbished rooms. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure each room is cleaned to the highest standard. We want our guests to feel at home in our rooms and we do everything within our power to ensure this is the case.

I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Each of our staff members is always happy to go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. Every aspect of your stay is important to us and it is good to know that our staff members have taken great care of you.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Newcraighall again in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times in the past 2-3 years and it's always been fine. As with all Premier Inns, the welcome is really friendly, which is really great particularly after a long day at work. This time was even better than I expected because the rooms have been upgraded since I stayed in 2013. Much higher standard: new bathroom fittings, nice double bed and the room feels more spacious. Also large flat screen TV, plus aircon which is a real bonus. Everything really clean and fresh.
When you book, make sure you phone after booking to request a room facing the car park -it's quieter than the rooms at the back cos you can hear the trains there. They're not too often but if you're a light sleeper you'll notice it.
The Cuddy Brae is the restaurant/bar immediately next door. I didn't have breakfast, but had dinner and I was served really quickly (which is always nice when you have to eat on your own) and the food was great (chicken korma) and a good price.
I'll definitely be back. Hotel and welcome are fab and location is great (near city bypass and A1).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing car park. You won't hear the trains then (these run to the back of the hote...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Sarah,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your wonderful review. We at Premier Inn aim to warmly welcome each and every guest and every single one of you is important to us. Our staff are always happy to go that extra mile, ensuring that our guests are happy and satisfied with every aspect of their stay.

I am thrilled to hear that you loved our refurbished rooms as much as we do. I agree that the new design does take full advantage of the size of the rooms and gives a more spacious feel to them.

We understand that even in Scotland, the summer heat can become unbearable and that is why all of our rooms have top of the range air con units. This can be the difference between a good nights sleep and a great nights sleep!

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the Cuddie Brae staff, as I know they will be happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with them.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Edinburgh a1 Newcraighall again in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Arrived back at the hotel late in the evening after a business meeting to find the car park completely full - mainly white vans and small trucks. Had to park my car on the road.

Wanted a quiet drink in the bar but this was impossible due to the noise from ongoing renovation in the restaurant/bar area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello JRL96,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the room. Our hotel was fully refurbished last year and our housekeeping team, work very hard to ensure the rooms are maintained to the very best standard.

I am very sorry to hear you had a problem with parking. Usually during busy periods we can rely on the parking spaces in front of the attached pub to accommodate our guests. As you have stated there were works being carried out, I can only assume that this is why this was not the case during your stay. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We also have a Park and Ride just across the road which has substantial parking should this be of any help to you in the future.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the management team of the Cuddie Brae bar and restaurant. I am sure that, like us, all renovations are done so that all customers are provided with the very best facilities available and I am sure they will be very disappointed to hear they have inconvenienced you.

We hope that this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future.

Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night over the Easter weekend and were really impressed by the facilities. This hotel looks to be very new and compared to other premier inns that we have stayed in this is the best.
It is in a great location. The staff were excellent -very helpful. The restraint next door had good food but was on the pricey side.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will be stopping here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew N
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. We appreciate all feedback so that we can ensure we are providing the best possible service.

I am thrilled to hear you were so happy with the facilities and our newly refurbished rooms and reception. I agree that they are a wonderful addition to our hotels perfect location. Not only do we have a local shopping complex a few minutes walk from the hotel but, we are only an eight minute train journey to Edinburgh City Centre.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our staff, as I am sure they will be very happy to hear that you found them friendly and helpful. Our staff always go that extra mile to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay and feel brilliant through a great nights sleep.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall.