“Best Premier Inn i've stayed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel

Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Durham, United Kingdom
“Best Premier Inn i've stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stay in a Premier Inn most weeks throughout the UK. This is without doubt the best one i've stayed in. So clean and fresh from its refurb plus its always really quiet and welcoming.

Usually in the refurb premier inn's they do the bedroom and change the curtain only in the bathroom, this one has had bathrooms done too!

I have family who live locally to this one so the location is perfect for me, its near a retail shopping park if you need to pop out and get something from Boots or Outfit.

Happy to return very soon.

Room Tip: Air Con was good, we stayed on the ground floor and kept cool even after air con was switched off.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello Krispycupcake,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear that you like our newly refurbished rooms. Our housekeeping team always work very hard on the cleanliness and upkeep of each of our rooms.

I agree that our location is perfect should you be looking to do a bit of shopping at the retail park, or get the train in to Edinburgh City Centre. With our reliable, regular public transport, we are ideal for anyone looking to explore Edinburgh.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 Newcraighall again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The experience at newcraighall was excellent . This was mainly due to the wonderful reception staff and the immaculate bedroom.
The restaurant for breakfast was dark and a bit dingy and the staff did not match up to those in the main hotel.
I left my kindle behind and by the time I arrived home I had a message saying that it would be forwarded to me.
Full marks to the best reception staff we have encountered in a long time

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello JML16,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. I am elated to hear that you were so pleased with our reception team. Each of our receptionists hopes to make our guests feel welcome and well taken care of throughout their stay. Our housekeepers also work incredibly hard (in this unbelievable heat as well) to ensure that the rooms are cleaned and maintained to the very best standard. We also understand that our guests can often be in a rush and may leave behind valuables. We do our utmost to ensure that every item left behind is returned to the guest as soon as possible. It is lovely to hear that these aspects have been appreciated and I will be sure to feed your comments back to the staff.

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Cuddie Brae bar and Restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your comments to their management team so that they can put necessary measures in to place to ensure this is not the case in the future.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times while visiting Edinburgh on business and pleasure.

The rooms have been recently refurbished - air conditioning, the obligatory big TV ( unfortunately) and very comfortable beds ( more importantly).

Theres not much to do in the area and nowhere to walk however the advantage with this hotel is that it is right beside a railway station. We have stayed when visiting the city and it is just a short train ride away. You can easily go for a meal or a show in Edinburgh then catch the last train back with no parking problems and a short walk to the hotel ( I dont know whether i want to let people know of this or not!)

Its right next door to the Cuddie Brae, which despite poor reviews, has been good on the occasions I have eaten there. Breakfast is freshly cooked which makes a change from buffett - you can still eat as much as you want but it maybe discourages the displays of gluttony which often accompany buffets. I dislike seeing people with piled high plates who usually leave half of it and waste it.

On the night I was there Wifi wasnt working but it was apparently a whole network problem - normally PI wifi is pretty good and reasonably priced.

No hesitation about staying there again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello AandMo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you like our newly refurbished rooms and found the beds to be comfortable. We know how important a good nights sleep is to each of our guests.

I agree that the location of our hotel is perfect. With the train station just across the road, our guests can be in Edinburgh City Centre in just eight minutes! This makes our hotel ideal for anyone looking to explore Edinburgh.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Cuddie Brae Bar and Restaurant. I am sure they will be thrilled with your comments.

I apologise that there were issues with the wifi during your stay. There was an issue with the internet connection throughout our hotels but this has now been rectified. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our internet suppliers are constantly making improvements to our servers so that we can offer our guests the quickest connection available and unfortunately, during works there was a slight hitch.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the future.

Meynes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This Premier Inn was the cheapest option for our dates and we booked it based on the good reputation and reviews. We stayed in a family quad room, which I don't think is available everywhere, so that was another reason for our choice. The place was clean, the staff was friendly, we felt we had enough space for the 4 of us. The room was too warm with no option to lower the temerature, a bulb was blown in the bathroom and did not get replaced while we stayed there (we had mentioned it to the reception desk staff), the walls are paper thin but the other guests were generally very quiet. We did not manage to use the 30 minute free wi-fi as the connection went after 2 minutes... Breakfast was great, all you can eat buffet with kids eating for free. Contrarily to what I expected, the beds were not great: no matter how good quality a spring mattress is, it's still a srping mattress and is bound to be uncomfortable. One of the kids complained about the quality of her mattress and we had to pad it with an extra duvet we got from the reception staff.
All in all I would definitely stay in a Premier Inn again, and would recommend this one for its staff, the location and the quad room option. I don't see why I'd go somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Mejoleno30,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so happy to hear that you found our family of four rooms to be spacious and in line with your needs.

Our housekeeping team, work very hard to ensure our rooms are cleaned to the highest standard and our reception staff, do genuinely care about every aspect of our guests stay.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room to be too hot. Although we do have air con units in every room, they also double as heating units. From experience, I know that some of our guests have had a slight problem when swapping them from heat to cool and if this was the case with yourself, I sincerely apologise. The cool function is very powerful when turned on full, as we know that even in Scotland, the heat can be overwhelming at night. Please do contact our reception staff should you have this issue again. We will be happy to assist you. We also keep spare fans at reception should you require one.

I apologise that you did not find the bed to be very comfortable. Although this is a personal preference, we are always happy to do everything we can to ensure the bed is set up the way you would like. Should you be staying with us again, please do call us in advance and we will be happy to pad all of the beds with extra duvets and mattress protectors.

I am thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Newcraighall.

Gorey, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very good value for money. Quiet location but near enough to Motorway for ease of travel. Staff helpful and friendly. Restaurant very good. Would stay again if I was in the area! Good central area for travel onwards. Easy to get to Glasgow and Edinburgh from here.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Oliver,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear that our location was ideal for your needs, and that you found our reception staff friendly and helpful. Every single one of our guests is important to us and we are always happy to go that extra mile to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two night's with my husband and two little girls. Had a family room which was very spacious, clean, modern and met our needs. Great price and bonus was the on site parking. No probs with parking as other people have reported.
Had dinner in the attached pub on both nights and this was excellent. Breakfast within the pub as well. This was great on the second day but on the first day the hot breakfast was very dry, as if it had been reheated, left mine was horrible.
Noted that a few people complained about the noise of the trains. The railway line is very close to the hotel however, although we heard trains during the day, the noise was not excessive and we didn't notice it at all on the night .
Overall a lovely little hotel which we would happily use again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Claralou1981
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Claralou,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your lovely review. I am thrilled to hear you loved our spacious family rooms. The rooms were just refurbished last year hence the modern, fresh feel. Premier Inn commit to providing our guests with the very best rooms possible. We promise great rooms, great people and great value!

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Cuddie Brae restaurant next door. They appreciate all feedback so that they can provide the very best customer service.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.

Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very good comfortable quite room even though it is close to a main road and rail line. all rooms have triple glazing that stops just about all outside noise. Staff very polite and friendly nothing too much trouble. would have no doubts about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClaireNickerson, General Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

I agree that the triple glazing is wonderful at blocking out any noise. You can almost pretend the outside world isn’t there!

I am glad you were so pleased with our staff. We know that every guest is important and we always try to do everything we possibly can to ensure our guests feel brilliant through a great nights sleep.

We hope to welcome you back to Newcraighall again in the near future.