All reviewscuddie braeretail parktrain stationpub next doorattached pubtrain timesadjoining restaurantpark and ridecity centrebrewers fayregood nights sleepfamily roomreception staffmain roadeasy accessexcellent staycomfortable room
Reviewed 8 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Claire D, Reception at Premier Inn Edinburgh A1 (Newcraighall) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Reviewed 6 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I booked this hotel for a few nights stay in November, on the Friday night I had no sleep at all due to a drunken party in the room next to mine. Despite complaining to the receptionist, the noise continued until 2am and then the fire alarm sounded at 4am and we had to evacuate the building ! Worst stay in a hotel I have ever had !
On complaining I was offered a refund for the price of the room for the night, but I was only given a partial refund and I have now sent two emails asking for the correct amount to be refunded. These emails have been ignored and I am still very disappointed.Safe to say I will not be using Premier Inn again

Room Tip: Don’t bother, go somewhere else !
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in response, I am so sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one. Other guests being noisy is not acceptable and I am sure our reception team member would have challenged them on this, were you offered a room move? As for the fire alarm, I know this would have been frustrating for you, especially at 4am! But it is there for our safety.
In regards to your refund, please let me know if this has been rectified. If not I will leave our sites contact telephone number to assist you with this matter. Sincerest apologies once more.
Kind regards,

0131 657 8800

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Staff nice room nice. Toilet seat hadn’t been wiped and had wee on it. Instead of complaining I simply cleaned this myself.

Biggest complaint is, if your booking and using your premier inn business account you cannot use your card at the Cuddie Brae restaurant. Also no consideration for guests staying over Christmas or to cater for them so unless you have plans you will go hungry on Christmas Day.

Nothing on website when booking this would be the case and nothing in the hotel stating the Cuddie Brae does not accept the Premier Inn business card.

Needless to say we shall be vacating in the morning and going to a hotel which can cater for guests needs.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 195kevinm

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Newcraighall Edinburgh A1 hotel. Sorry for the delay in response, I am pleased that you found the staff and the room pleasant, however sincerest apologies about the toilet seat, this should not have happened and I will pass on your comment to the Housekeeping team. I am also sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to use your PIBA card in the restaurant. When making a booking you can authorise a dinner/meal allowance and we can print a voucher for you to take through to the Cuddie Brae. I understand this must have been frustrating that it was not apparent. I hope this information was of some use to you and it will not deter you from staying in this hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2017

As always, very good quality service and accommodation that you come to expect from a Premier Inn.
The reception and cleaning staff were very polite, friendly and went out of their way to help.
We enjoyed a good meal in the adjacent restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Newcraighall Edinburgh A1 hotel.
I am pleased you found our staff frindly and helpful and the service was what you would expect. I will be sure to let the team in the restaurant know that you enjoyed your meal, thanks once again.

kind regards,