and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel
Ranked #32 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on holiday. Good hotel, room was nice and big so was the bed. It was clean and had everything that one needs. Just a pity about having to pay for the Internet and also the breakfast was expensive, the cooked food was old and dry when we got there. Pity they do not have parking, luckily there is a public car park 2 min walk down the road, but this is very expensive. Other than that, a nice hotel.

Room Tip: You pay for Internet, first 30 min is free. Parking is £12 per 24 hours and is about 5 min walk away
1 Thank Markhowes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn (Lauriston Place) for four nights/five days and really cannot fault either the staff working here or the hotel itself. We experienced a slight delay when checking in but the delay was very minimal and the receptionist was very pleasant. Throughout our stay we received a very pleasant reception from all staff, especially when booking a day trip round Loch Ness and the Highlands. We paid to have breakfast in the hotel for several of the mornings and once again cannot fault the food. There was a vast selection to suit any preference and as advertised, we could eat as much as we wanted.

We had been looking for a central location and, although not in the middle of either the Old Town or New Town it was just a five minute walk from Edinburgh Castle and no more than 20 minutes to Edinburgh Waverley Station.

For what we got the cost of our stay was good value but did have to factor in that breakfast was and additional charge for us.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Hello all I have just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights.
Basically as I have stayed at several Premier Inns previously as usual the rooms are very nice and this was the case here.
I must say that I think this Premier Inn is getting a bit grubby and would benefit from some TLC on the decor,carpets,and painting could be upgraded.This Inn is very busy so financially it surely must be worth the investment ....its always very busy apparently.
I asked for a quiet room....this I did not get and I was troubled by noise from passing traffic...so much for the goodnight guarantee eh!Luckily I had my ear plugs with me!
Howeever I didnt eat at this Premier but I did have a breakfast which was lovely as usual and Pemier Inns really do a great breakfast in my view...
So all in all the Premier is well positioned but alas parking is a problem and I parked in an undergound car park just down the road on Reigis Street...and a discount from Premier Inn can be obtained ...but beware it is NOT cheap...be careful..
I tried to get access onto WIFI at the hotel but couldnt get access ...this may be a fault on my computer.There were others with access so really dont know about this one.
I really do think its high time that Premier Inn gave FREE WIFI ACCESS as personally it is causing alot of problems and lets face it to provide a good business service we NEED WIFI ACCESS...I cant emphasise this enough and I think the current charge is unfair ...and I truly believe Premier Inns are way behind the times with this and it needs to be addressed asap as it will be costing them money by business people going elsewhere due to this.
I hope this review is helpful ..dont forget to ask for a room at the back as it is in the city and noise can be a problem.....have a great stay in Edinburgh... its a great city with lots to do.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to avoid traffic noise.Parking can be a problem as there isnt any apart f...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MrT98
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Found the Priemer Inn very good but a little short of staff as the Inn was busting at the seams with visitors. NO Gas for the beer on both nights and NO ice on Saturday night. Not great after a long day at a wedding but leaving the above aside, the staff that were there were lovely and helpful. Food was excellent and the rooms absoultely spotless. This Inn was in a great location as all thing were within walking distance. Edinburgh Castle is some thing to be seen at night. Lastly we were very lucky as the weather was most beautiful and we had a wonderful time at the wedding. Hope to go back before Christmas and YES we will stay at the this Permier Inn again
Thank you to all who made this a most enjoyable weekend.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hi there, I am doing this review on Edinburgh Premier Inn Lauriston place. This hotel is situated 15minutes walk from Edinburgh castle and 5minutes walk from local stores. Plenty bus routes and taxis available and for you single guys and stag parties there are three strip clubs 5 minutes away walk. Let me start my main review on the hotel by saying that the staff are very professional and helpful. They told me everything I needed to know and one girl Sarah told me some good places to attend. When entering my room I found it very clean and welcoming. Room has everything you need to make your stay pleasant. Coffee tea sugar ect. My room contained a very large bed, tv, kettle, in house phone and hair dryer. The bathroom was clean and the shower was amazing. Although I had some little issues with people talking outside my room, I know this isn’t the hotels fault. I never got a chance to eat at the restaurant but if I did I am sure it would have been as pleasant as my stay. Although my stay was great I can only offer the star rating of 4 because of the disturbance during the night. Great place to stay and I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: get a room at the back as passing traffic can be a problem.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Confortable rooms , good location ( just 200m from Grassmarket and historic city) , food is OK in bar or restaurant. Wifi just 30 minutes free after 3 £ for 24 hours. Despite the hot buffet in breakfast there´s no cheese and ham. Young staff.

Room Tip: The rooms turned to lauriston street can be more noisy
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Portsmouth, UK
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Lets be honest a Premier Inn will never be The Ritz, but for the price this hotel was perfect The location on Lauriston Place could not be better. The history buff in me was thrilled to realise I was staying in the middle of Burke & Hare's stomping ground. We were also ten minutes from the castle and fifteen from Waverley Station,
The room was clean and the bed amazingly comfy. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful too.

Room Tip: go for a top floor room and ask for a view (even numbered rooms I think
1 Thank MattMerritt