Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel
Ranked #41 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great value for money and excellent customer service and you really do get 'a good night's sleep' in a busy area of the city. Close to and convenient for the city centre. Even my 'choosy' Italian husband thought it was excellent. A wide choice of 'good' food at breakfast time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Tomasz P, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Edinburgh Central Premier Inn. It really means a lot to myself and my team when people take the time to feedback their experiences, so thank you for that, it's greatly appreciated.

Your experience is exactly what we aim for on a daily basis, great value, clean and comfortable rooms and fantastic service. Your generous review is extremely gratifying to read and I will take pleasure in sharing your kind words with my colleagues throughout the hotel who looked after you.

I am delighted to hear that you loved our location and you found us a good value for money.

Should you ever need to stay in Edinburgh again, I hope you will make Premier Inn Lauriston Place your first choice! Thank you.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

clean room that gives me no problem on my sensitive nose, comfy bed that gives me a good night rest, good eat-all-you-can full breakfast, amicable and helpful staff, and you get all these at an affordable price!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your 5 star review cs-my!

I am delighted you had such a brilliant stay with us. We genuinely love working hard to ensure that our guests have the best stay we can possibly provide for them - and it is really wonderful to know when we get things right!

It will be a pleasure to share your positive comments with my colleagues and I sincerely hope that you will return to Premier Inn Lauriston Place should you be returning to Edinburgh in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Have stayed in this hotel before but this time purchased the room in the Premier Inn sale. This meant a great value product with all the Premier Inn quality and service.
Room was a little stuffy even though the heating was turned off and window slightly open. This is probably a result of the excellent insulation.
Good location if you don't mind a walk approx. 20 mins to Princes St. Very friendly and attentive staff with facility to store luggage when checking in or out in locked secure room.
Will be back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Roger,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Premier Inn Lauriston Place.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to improve standards and meet all our customers needs. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and I am very glad you found us good value for money.

We strive to deliver excellent service to all our guests so I was extremely pleased to read you found my team very friendly and attentive. I know this will make them proud as they really like to see that they have done the best for your stay. It is such a pleasure working with the team here and seeing what a positive impact they have to every guest stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn very soon. Thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Decided to stay here with a group of friends for a long weekend. The hotel was typical premier inn. Very comfy beds and good value breakfast. Unfortunately, one of the rooms we booked had a broken window i.e. pane of glass not flush to the upvc. This meant that the street noise was quite bad. There was no noise from within the hotel itself. Not really a very central location- about a 20 minute up hill walk to the main town centre. Overall, good value for the money we paid

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear bevsholiday,

I am very pleased that you found our beds comfortable and you enjoyed your breakfast, which is extremely popular with our guests and is the perfect way to prepare yourself for a day exploring our beautiful city.

I would like to apologies for the issues with the window you experienced and I would also like to assure you that your feedback has been passed onto our maintenance team to address these issue and prevent any further occurrences.
In future please feel free to provide feedback to the reception team whilst at the hotel, where we can take steps to remedy the situation. On this occasion we would have been happy to move you to an alternative room.

Thank you again for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor. Given your positive impressions overall I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Had an early arrival in Edinburgh so no room was available which was no problem as we used the luggage facilities and returned later that afternoon to check in.
Easy to get to on the 35 bus from the airport, a minute walk or so from the stop.
Excellent friendly staff.
Room was warm clean and comfy.
Never stayed with this chain, usually Ibis but would definitely put these guys first next time I need accommodation.
Thanks to all concerned.

Room Tip: Less noise in rooms away from the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Premier Inn Lauriston Place during your recent visit to Scotland.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The team are always thrilled to hear our guests find our rooms clean and comfortable. At Premier Inn we always strive to deliver clean rooms, a friendly team on hand and great value to all of our guests and I'm delighted that you found this to be the case. I'm very proud of the product we offer and the standards we provide and it is very rewarding when our guests show their appreciation of the work we do.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The staff here are so friendly. We were checked in 2 hours early simply because a room was available - great after an early morning flight!

Helpful staff way above what could be expected, thanks.

Very clean and feels homely comfortable. Fairly near the tourist attractions and on a direct bus route. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review.

I am so pleased that you had such a brilliant stay with us. Your generous review is extremely gratifying to read and I will take pleasure in sharing your kind words with my colleagues throughout the hotel who looked after you. Your experience is exactly what we aim for on a daily basis, great value, clean and comfortable rooms and fantastic service.

Thank you also for praising the friendliness and helpfulness of the team, they work hard to deliver a fantastic guest experience and I'm pleased to read that they did not disappoint.

I really value the time taken to share your experiences and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights ,we were going to watch the Rugby Match. There were 6 of us checking in and there were no delays in checking in. The Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were quite warm and although we had no disturbances our friends did get wakened up by jolly revellers outside the building at the front. The breakfast was really good value £8.25 for a full hot buffet ,you could order porridge which was really good or poached eggs,anything you wanted.there was cereal and fresh fruit ,lots to choose from. The location was great as it was only a few minutes from the Grassmarket and then another few minutes to the Royal Mile. The Christmas Market had just opened and was very busy but quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room way for the front street
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear DILLICHIP,

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your recent experience of staying with us at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel, great location and our great team here met your expectations.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and you found it a good value for money.

At Premier Inn we continuously strive to deliver a high level of service and it's great you feel this was achieved. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.