“All about the location.”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel
Ranked #29 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“All about the location.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Booked for a one night stay at the last minute so I'm potentially the one to blame for it being slightly expensive. What I can say is the location is brilliant. Well within walking distance for your usual Edinburgh tourist attractions as well as close to decent bars and restaurants.

All staff very friendly and rooms comfortable. Reception staff will stamp your parking ticket taking it down to around £12 for 24 hrs which I guess is reasonable for city centre. Paid just under £9 pp for breakfast only because I wasn't sure of any cheap places nearby. Fair quality but slightly over priced.

All in all great stay would most certainly stay here for a touristy break.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
curitiba,brazil
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My, what a dissappointment, we are here right now.
It is 26 degrees centigrades inside , whereas outside it was a nice cool 16.
No a/c , and the windows can not be opened fully, as for safety measure not allowed...
Other guests have complained, but all the rooms the same. They provided us with standing fans, not much use since with windows almost shut, the air does not circulate. The room , although no smoking, reeked of cigarettes. Worn out carpets, dirty tiles in shower.
The familly room consists of an extra matress on the floor.No safe in rooom, no mini bar, not possible to use the phone for external calls. All this for "only" £ 180,00 ! Please, stay away, this is a joke.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank anibra
Tomasz P, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Anibra,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I really appreciate such valuable feedback as it gives us an opportunity to reflect on the service we provide and make sure that we are delivering our guests expectations.

I would like to extend my deepest apologies that you found the room really hot. I am sorry that you did not have a great sleep due to the temperature in the room; with the climate in Scotland it's not often that we need to use the air conditioning! I can understand your comments and can assure you that this is being looked into. We have recently received a delivery of fans to site to make our guests more comfortable throughout their stay with us. We are also looking into installing air conditioning units in all of our rooms. I am hoping to have this issue rectified very soon as we are awaiting planning permission only.

All the windows in the hotel do open, however, they are restricted for the safety & security of our guests. If you let me know your room number I will check that the window is working properly and opening. Our reception team are available 24 hours a day and would be happy to provide additional sheets rather than the warmer duvet to enhance your comfort.

I will pass your comments onto our revenue management team, however, we have found over the past month that we have been competitively priced in comparison to our competitors, often cheaper than they are.

I am terribly sorry that you stayed in a room where your sleep was disturbed. In future, please feel free to provide feedback to the reception team whilst at the hotel, where we can take steps to remedy the situation. I really hope that you can see from the majority of our other reviews that your stay is not indicative of the experience that we aim for our guests to have.

I am genuinely upset that you didn't have a great experience and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss it further. I am sure we can work to find a resolution for you. I can be reached on operationsmanager.edinburghcentral@whitbread.com. I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views, I look forward to hearing from you and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Kind Regards

Tomasz Patyna
Operations Manager
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Room was clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed. Good choice at breakfast. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and helpful with advice on places to visit. The hotel is in a good location for visiting all Edinburgh has to offer - Edinburgh Castle, Princess Street etc.and 5 minute walk to Grassmarket with good choice of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seaboy1
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our experience of this hotel was lovely, the staff were extremely helpful, rooms very clean, tidy and comfortable. We will be staying here again in the future. Many thanks to all the staff, look forward to future stay.

Room Tip: Was a lovely room. However, limited plug socket.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Reece D
Flitwick
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Room 108. Stayed for 4 nights whilst sightseeing.
Room far too hot and no air con. Steady 25 C. Fan provided was very noisy and couldnt open the window due to the noise outside from traffic and pedestrians. Raised it with reception who said the rooms at front are hot and theres nothing you can do was offered different room or another fan. Fan was quieter but just circulated hot stuffy air.
Bar closed at 1100pm on Thursday which was surprising.
Bed far too soft and pillows all soft.
When room was serviced, cups werent always replaced and glasses not replaced and only one towel left in room. Rectified by reception on request.
Location has three strip clubs at one end of the street, a pawn shop opposite, street drinkers and drunks walking past at all times of night.
Place is clean smart and funtional and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful where they can be.
At the price I think its expensive. I think I could have got better for over £100 a night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tomasz P, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear PaulPatch_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, I really do appreciate all feedback as it gives us a fantastic opportunity to review our standards and service. I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. At Premier Inn we strive to deliver great value, comfortable rooms and a team who really care about your experience.

Thank you so much for your positive words to the team. I know this will make them proud as they really like to see that they have done the best for your stay. It is such a pleasure working with the team here and seeing what a positive impact they have to every guest stay.

I can understand your comments regarding hot room and can assure you that this is being looked into. We have recently received a delivery of freestanding 16'' fans to site to make our guests more comfortable throughout their stay with us. We are also looking into installing air conditioning units in all of our rooms. I am hoping to have this issue rectified very soon as we are awaiting planning permission only.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in our normal high housekeeping standards. Please be assured that I really do value your feedback and I am addressing the issue. I have fed back your comments regarding towels, cups and glasses to our Housekeeping Manager, who join me in offering our sincere apologies. Your comments will be used as a training tool for the whole housekeeping team.

Should you wish to contact me directly to discuss your feedback in more detail I can be reached on operationsmanager.edinburghcentral@whitbread.com. I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks again for your feedback and I really hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Kind Regards

Tomasz Patyna
Operations Manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stay here regularly for work and thought it's about time I wrote a review because it's consistently good. The staff are always really welcoming (and I frequently arrive late from work or evening meetings) which is great. I also always request a quiet room on the 5th floor because of migraines, and they have that reserved for me which I very much appreciate. The Good Night Guarantee is great (not that I've had to use it yet!) The staff who greet you at breakfast are very cheery too even at 6.30am, and the porridge is good :) So, many thanks for making it consistently good, everyone!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Premier Inn Lauriston Place was a great experience!! The hotel is beautiful and modern, the staff is friendly and polite! The room has a big and excelent bed, very spacious, very clean with a great view of the beautiful Edinburgh! The location is amazing!! Near from the castle, royal mile and the Princess Street. The best!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple