“A first class experience”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel
Ranked #33 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A first class experience”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two weeks during the Edinburgh Festival
Great communications with the whole hotel team .The hotel is well located for sightseeing either on foot or by local transport.our room was quiet and well appointed and housekeeping was good throughout our stay
The signs in the corridor appear to encourage other guests to be considerate late at night and we have never seen this before in our extensive travels so this simple idea seems to be effective
Other comments have mentioned lack of air conditioning but we did not find this a problem as there was a fan provided and we welcomed the fact that the windows did open which is quite a rarity in hotels these days
This has been our first stay in a Premier Inn and we will return next year and will certainly try other Premiers on the basis of this experience

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 1 night, the room was decent size with a large bed! Bathroom great, with bath and over bath shower! Tea/coffee making facilities and tv in room! I was on the 5th floor and had a nice view over Edinburgh however there seemed to be a breeze coming through the window through the vent which couldn't be closed and it was quite noisy due to the location of the hotel! I had breakfast the following morning, there was a good selection of hot food, cereals and toast but some is the food was a bit over cooked! Staff we're all really pleasant and helpful! All in all a decent hotel but probably wouldn't stay with family as a bit too noisy!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Having stayed previously I had an expectation on what the hotel would be like. Staff remained at the standard previously experienced. Disappointed that no progress had been made to improve quality of air conditioning

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John S
Lurgan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great hotel: the staff really make it. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are exceptionally friendly and helpful. They really do go that extra mile for their guests.

The rooms are big enough, nice and modern and clean and also very quiet. They are also air-conditioned.

The location is fantastic: very central and I must say the breakfasts are out of this world. Truly spectacular.

The price was unusually high, but that was because we stayed during the Edinburgh Festival.

Room Tip: The hotel has a policy of guests having to be quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Russell E
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very noisy! Weather was hot, so had window open (these have restrictors so could open window appx 3-4 inches). Room was very noisy until 3-4am when strip clubs at end of street closed. Due to one way system, hotel is a traffic island with taxi`s going past all night. From 7-9am had to put up with deliveries to both Premier Inn & Novotel. Glad to be home!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tomasz P, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Krakov2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, I really do appreciate all feedback as it gives us a fantastic opportunity to review our standards and service. I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. At Premier Inn we strive to deliver great value, comfortable rooms and a team who really care about your experience.

Unfortunately due to the central location and the hotel being surrounded by busy roads we do experience some external noise. I would like to assure you that we are looking into this issue. We will replace our windows with modern ones of much higher soundproofing levels. I am hoping to have this issue rectified very soon as we are awaiting planning permission only. All the windows in the hotel do open, however, they are restricted for the safety & security of our guests.

I am extremely concerned to learn that your overall experience did not meet with your expectations and you left feeling disappointed. I would ask that you contact me directly to give me the opportunity to discuss the concerns you shared on your review and restore your confidence in our accommodation. I sincerely hope that you will then reconsider and return in the future.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views and I hope that we can welcome you back again.

OperationsManager.EdinburghCentral@whitbread.com
New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The location is great, the rooms are a good size, the beds are very good.

But the rooms are tired, the staff are barely average, the continental breakfast is poor, the lifts are small and slow and the rooms uncomfortably hot.

The issues could be overlooked if the price was low enough. But we paid almost £200 on a double B&B basis. Far too high for what this hotel delivered. Nowhere near the standard of Premier Inn Blackfriars, which was around half the price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NZUnicorn,

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to improve standards and meet all our customers needs.

At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team.

I was pleased to read you were impressed by the location as well as the good size of the room and comfortable beds. I am truly sorry that we failed on several instances to deliver the high standards of service that we pride ourselves on, and I will personally look into issues raised by you and ensure that they don't happen again.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Skipsea
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for the Tom Jones Concert at Edinburgh Castle in July. £113 per night was a bit expensive but when we checked the alternatives Edinburgh was pretty full that weekend so obviously prices are higher than usual. No parking but there is a car park with discount about 200mts away. Reception and check in were really good - asked for a quiet room as recommended on Trip Adviser and went to 5th floor. Awful smell in the corridor like sewage leaking from one of the rooms bathrooms. Room 512 facing the service area was quiet but incredibly hot - again pointed out by previous reviewers. Small 9" fan on the dressing area was a bit of a waste of time. Window open 5" on secure locks so no air incoming. Other wise room was big, bed good, bathroom good ...and quiet! Breakfast on Saturday was good £9 for all you could eat English - staff perfect and helpful. Buffet a bit tired but it was nearly 11.00am.
Same through out the weekend but enjoyable. Chatty staff again throughout.
Checkout on Monday was painless and friendly again so all in all a good weekend - apart from the smell in the corridor. TOM JONES WAS THE BEST CONCERT EVER!!!! Recommend the Grass Market about 5 minutes walk from the hotel for good pubs and cafes.

Room Tip: Go high on floor and stay at rear of hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Col W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Premier Inn Lauriston Place following your recent visit to Edinburgh for the Tom Jones Concert at Edinburgh Castle. I am delighted to learn that you had a great time and enjoyed the concert and that you found the location, rooms and service of an excellent standard and it will be a pleasure to share your comments with my colleagues.

Regarding the unpleasant smell in the corridor you found, I have fed back your comments to my Housekeeping Manager who is dismayed at this unwelcome surprise and has asked me to personally extend her apologies to you. I can assure you this issue have been looked into and rectified immediately.

We strive to deliver warm and attentive service to all our guests so I was extremely pleased to read your comments regarding the high levels of service offered by my team. I will take pleasure in sharing your kind words with my colleagues throughout the hotel who looked after you. I know this will make them proud as they really like to see that they have done the best for your stay. It is such a pleasure working with the team here and seeing what a positive impact they have to every guest stay.

Thank you again for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor. Given your positive impressions overall I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.