Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
US$129
US$125
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$185
US$167
  • Pool
All reviewscity centrebeefeater restaurantlady nairneadjoining beefeaterwillowbrae roadmeal deala short bus rideon arrivalfamily roomholyrood parkcomfy bedtwo nightsfollowing morningday ticketreception staffroom was spotlesseasy access
Reviewed 7 November 2013

For active visitors I would give it 5 stars BUT infirm visitors NO lift so check you can have a ground floor room before booking. Location is ideal for visiting Edinburgh with very short drive in, on bus route. Actually on the A1.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernard P
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for your review, and I'm sorry you weren't quite able to give us 5 stars. I'm really glad that you found your stay to be a great one, and hopefully next time you stay with us you will see a shiny new lift, and be able to give us that extra star!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is a brief bus ride (no. 44) from the centre of Edinburgh. It's set back off the main road next to a Tesco Express/Esso petrol station which did attract some noise late one night from local boy racers. The car park is large and located behind the hotel so it seemed secure, although we didn't use it as we hadn't travelled by car. It's attached to a Beefeater pub/restaurant (Lady Nairne) which the bus driver was aware of, but not the Premier Inn! Large, comfortable room but no lift for guests. Good friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for a short city break as it's particularly convenient for the city centre and getting a bus to Ocean Terminal to see the royal yacht Britannia.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WildThornberrys69
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear WildThornberrys69,

Thanks for your feedback about your stay. It's great to hear what our guests think of our hotel and the surrounding area.
I'm sorry you were disturbed during your stay. Whilst we don't usually have too many problems with external noise from the garage, I'm glad you've brought it to my attention.
It's good news that you found your room to be nice and comfortable. We do have a lot of spacious rooms which our guests really appreciate. With regards to the lift - some more good news! We are currently looking into having one installed, so hopefully if you visit again you'll have the benefit of it.
Thanks again for taking time to write your review.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This Premier Inn was just like any other really. A bit of a rabbit warren, decent parking space.

The staff were friendly.

A good bus service (Numbers 4, 44 or 213) into central Edinburgh. You need the exact change (usually £3.50)!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mark,

Our hotel is indeed a little bit of a 'rabbit warren' with it's many corridors, but I feel it adds to the atmosphere of our older building. Hopefully you found it to be that way!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate all feedback.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here for a quick trip to Edinburgh and I don't honestly think I would stay here again. Three reasons:
1) there are no stairs! I have a bone condition in my knee which can be very painful at times, but there was never any question of whether or not we'd need any help getting up the stairs!
2) no toilet paper or shower gel! We had to go and ask for toilet paper- we only stayed here one night... should probably be more concerned with up keep.
3) melted but broken hairdryer! We just assumed the hairdryer would work, but when I took it off it's wall-mount, I found half of it to be melted (I don't even want to know how) and it wouldn't work! We had to go and ask at reception for a new one, which then took fifteen minutes to get to our room!
We came home a day early. The staff were extremely friendly and useful so I wouldn't blame them at all, but it wouldn't be a hotel we'd return to at all. Plus, the £10 taxi fare from this hotel to the city centre makes for a very expensive visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Abb20,

Thank you for your review of your stay and I'm sorry you felt that we didn't meet our usual high standards on your visit.
As you highlighted, there is no lift at this Premier Inn. We do our very best to allocate rooms fairly and would normally try our best to make sure that we use our ground floor rooms for elderly guests or anyone who would find it difficult to use stairs. Sometimes this is obvious to us, but on this occasion it seems the receptionist did not realise you would be uncomfortable with the stairs. I do apologise, and I hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble at the moment. The good news is that we are currently looking into having a brand new lift fitted.

With regards to your comments about our general housekeeping and maintenance, I would like to look into the matter further. I would really appreciate if you could let me know the dates of your stay and your room number so I can find out why our standards were not met.
Please be assured that our reception team will always do whatever they can to make your stay a great one, so if you do stay at any Premier Inn in the future, please make the reception team aware if you are unhappy with your room for any reason and we will do our best to move you to a more suitably appointed room or area of the hotel.
If you could please contact me at pitl.edinburgheast@whitbread.com at your earliest convenience, I would be very grateful.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The day my wife and I arrived at this hotel in Willowbrae Road I was suffering from severe spasms of pain in my lower back. All the staff in the restaurant, reception and the managers were helpful and comforting to me and supportive to my wife who was very worried about how she could manage with being in such pain. They called an emergency doctor and made sure we had every help and support in our room. Everyone saw us off home after two nights stay and refunded the bookd third night in goodwill.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I'm so glad you felt that my team was supportive to you and your wife during a very trying time. We all hope that you're doing better and are not in too much pain anymore. I know that you had a very long journey home which can't have been comfortable for you, but I'm sure you're glad to be back in the comfort of your own home.
We enjoyed having you here with us and we hope we can welcome you both back some time in the near future.