“Patchy wifi and noisy doors”

Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Ranked #102 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Handy hotel for going into the city centre by bus if you want to leave your car in the free car park. Food is good in the restaurant but the wifi is patchy. Going into the corridor found the signal which lasted for about 25 minutes, on average.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear E B,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you experienced problems connecting to our Wifi. We've recently had the system upgraded, but occasionally there can be signal problems as with most Wifi connections.
I'm not sure if you informed our reception team, but in future please do let reception know if you have any problems, as whilst we don't have direct access, we can always call our internet provider on your behalf - most problems can be fixed within an hour.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay ...staff were very friendly and helpful. All facilities were good .room wss a lovely size as we stayed in a family room . Heating good as rather cold outside in November .Excellent transport facilties close by..taxi ..direct bus to Princess Street.Ate in Beefeater restaurant attached for breakfast and evening meal..both lovely.Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Bernie and Andrew,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I'll pass on your comments to the team who I am sure will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
I'm glad to hear you'd come and stay with us again - hope to see you in 2014!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

As a family we have always stayed at this hotel and we have always rated this hotel as excellent but over the last couple of years there have been changes. Meals at lunch time are a little expensive but the evening meals are definately worth the price and there are some great meal deals. The breakfast is excellent especially when you are travelling with children under 16. There is a wide choice and the staff are great. Our room this year was not the best, only because the bathroom looked like something out of a hospital ward as did the room. Very cold, dull with a small window.....but for the price it was ok. We complained about the bed for our child. It was very springy and hard so we mentioned it to the receptionist who told us all the beds are the same. (I guess she must be the bed tester but missed this one). After her saying for a second time that all the beds were the same she did say that they could pad it a little. Thanks for that and it did help. There are no lifts so a bit of a struggle getting to our room 2 floors up. After many visits to this hotel, this was the first time I was happy to leave. Don't be put off, generally a very friendly, nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Chelsea,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I'm glad we were able to welcome you back, but I'm sorry that you encountered some issues.
Our hotel is a little different to some of the other Premier Inns, due to the age and layout of the building. Some rooms are bigger than others but all rooms are decorated to the same specification and standard. I'm sorry you felt your room was maybe 'clinical'. As always, we do like to ensure our guests are comfortable, and we will always do our best to find a room to suit our guest's needs. If ever you do wish to move to another room, please let us know at reception.
In regards to the child's bed - the beds are indeed of the same style in all of our rooms (and throughout Premier Inn). The beds do sometimes get a little tired, so I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with yours. The good news is that we are getting new beds in the new year (and a new lift!) so next time you stay with us you will hopefully see a difference.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We really do appreciate it.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is the second time Ive stayed in this hotel.
The first time was great
Unfortunately on this occasion noise was an issue,there were children running screaming up and down corridor. Then noise from outside as the bar closed, then the guests who returned after 4am and banged door. Noise from bathroom fans from other rooms didnt help either during night.
Only reason did not confront these selfish people the fact that I was in room alone as husband not with me on this occasion.

The hotel I know cant be responsible for inconsiderate guests.
Sound proofing, double glazing quieter fans?
Stricter noise policy.
Staff as always superb

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank liz_e5
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Liz,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, and I'm really sorry to hear that we didn't quite reach the same standard you encountered previously.
I understand that when travelling alone such problems can be a little daunting.
I will pass your comments to my team and the restaurant so that we can make sure all noise issues (both internally and externally) are dealt with swiftly. Whilst our night team do hourly floor walks it can sometimes be hard to catch a situation if it isn't prolonged.
We do log all feedback from our guests on departure so if you do have any problems at all in future, please feel free to let us know at reception.

Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to use your feedback to improve on our guest's experiences. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

after spending the last year stopping at a rival premier inn I decided to try this hotel. I can honestly say this hotel is one of the most friendliest places I have stopped. For this reason I will be stopping here on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future. The food is good pub food with a the added bonus of good staff. Would like to say special thanks to Scott and Denise who I have got to know over the past few months. keep up the good work!
thanks
Lee Vipond

Room Tip: ground floor because unfortunately there is no lifts
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr Vipond,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our team!
It's great to see that we really are giving our guests the service which they have come to expect from Premier Inn. My team enjoy having a chat with our guests and we do really appreciate it when our guests choose to return over and again.
I'll pass on your comments to the Beefeater team also, who I am sure will be pleased to hear such fantastic feedback.

We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

For active visitors I would give it 5 stars BUT infirm visitors NO lift so check you can have a ground floor room before booking. Location is ideal for visiting Edinburgh with very short drive in, on bus route. Actually on the A1.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernard P

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for your review, and I'm sorry you weren't quite able to give us 5 stars. I'm really glad that you found your stay to be a great one, and hopefully next time you stay with us you will see a shiny new lift, and be able to give us that extra star!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is a brief bus ride (no. 44) from the centre of Edinburgh. It's set back off the main road next to a Tesco Express/Esso petrol station which did attract some noise late one night from local boy racers. The car park is large and located behind the hotel so it seemed secure, although we didn't use it as we hadn't travelled by car. It's attached to a Beefeater pub/restaurant (Lady Nairne) which the bus driver was aware of, but not the Premier Inn! Large, comfortable room but no lift for guests. Good friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for a short city break as it's particularly convenient for the city centre and getting a bus to Ocean Terminal to see the royal yacht Britannia.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WildThornberrys69
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear WildThornberrys69,

Thanks for your feedback about your stay. It's great to hear what our guests think of our hotel and the surrounding area.
I'm sorry you were disturbed during your stay. Whilst we don't usually have too many problems with external noise from the garage, I'm glad you've brought it to my attention.
It's good news that you found your room to be nice and comfortable. We do have a lot of spacious rooms which our guests really appreciate. With regards to the lift - some more good news! We are currently looking into having one installed, so hopefully if you visit again you'll have the benefit of it.
Thanks again for taking time to write your review.