“Great Premier Inn experience”

Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Ranked #103 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Guildford
“Great Premier Inn experience”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have just stayed here for 3 nights during February half term week. The hotel is very conveniently situated a short bus ride from the centre of Edinburgh (on several bus routes, with bus stops yards from the door in both directions), but is itself extremely quiet so ideal for getting a good sleep. Our rooms were large with very comfortable beds both for adults and children, and, as usual for Premier Inn, spotlessly clean; the Freeview channels which you get now as standard are always welcomed by all the family! Didn't really encounter any of the hotel staff apart from the lady when we checked in, but she was friendly enough.
The hotel's attached restaurant is a Beefeater, which we used for our breakfasts. These were perfectly fine, with hot food cooked to order and all other items self service. Not the best Premier Inn breakfasts we've ever had, and this is the only reason I've given rating 4 not 5, but far from the worst either.
The other positive point to note is that this hotel is very good value for money compared with other Edinburgh area hotels and we got our rooms on the £29 per night deal.
Would we recommend this hotel to others? Definitely!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Merrowmum,

Thanks for your review and I'm sorry we didn't quite hit those 5 stars!

I'm glad to hear that the hotel was clean, comfortable and relaxing for you and your family though - we really try to create a welcoming and warm environment and it's great to know that you've seen the benefit of that.

I see you managed to take advantage of one of our fantastic offers. £29 really is exceptional especially when travelling with family. Coupled with our 'Kids Eat Free' breakfast offer, you really can't go wrong for a low cost, high value stay.
Remember to keep an eye on our website for future offers, and maybe we will see you again soon!

Bex Moylan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in many premier inns, always been excellent and only very minor problems if any.
We stayed here for one night with my wife and two kids. Room was lovely, clean and fresh, big, roomy and very comfortable beds. Staff were great. Breakfast was fine, served in nice surroundings with pleasant staff. Lift wasn't working as undergoing maintenance, but we were told this straight away on arrival. Caused no problems. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Andy A,

Thank you for a wonderful review. I'm so glad that the work on our lift didn't disturb you! We're very excited to be able to offer a brand new lift soon and we do try to manage the disruption as best we can.

I notice you liked our beds! We have recently received brand new mattresses (specifically designed for Premier Inn) and we've been getting some great feedback. Glad to hear you slept well.

I hope we can welcome you and your family back soon.

Thanks for taking some time to let us know about your stay!

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

The service is very very slow. Arrivdd at the table at 6:15pm ordered by 6:45, we only recieved our started 45mins later. The food was cold half our order was forgotten. Food was ok but service was very bad and slow

• Stayed February 2014
Dear andru0607,

I'm terribly sorry that the service you received in the adjacent restaurant wasn't what you expected. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Beefeater management team.

I do hope your stay in the hotel was comfortable?

If you would like to discuss the problems you encountered in the restaurant, please email me at pitl.edinburgheast@whitbread.com and I will pass your details to the restaurant manager.

Chester-le-street, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Lovely room, very quiet with a great location and very friendly staff. Would defo reccomend staying here, very central and lovely food. Free parking and bus stop right outside takes u straight into town centre. Lovely helpful staff gave me a map and gave me advice on best ways of travelling which buses to get and car parking availability.

Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
I'm so happy to hear that my team were friendly and helpful. It's really nice of you to say so!

Our location really is great if you need good access to the city centre but prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle :)

Thanks for your feedback,

Driffield,Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at the Edinburgh East Premier Inn on Friday 7th Feb to Saturday 8th Fed with my elderly parents as we wee attending a funeral in Edinburgh. The hotel was in a brilliant location, 5 minutes from the A1 and within driving distance of the city centre. The hotel staff were so friendly, the rooms mega clean and comfortable! The restaurant was a Beefeater and all i can say is that Anders (sorry I don't know his second name and Andrew Quinn) were fantastic! so helpful and nothing was too much trouble....in fact I came away feeling like they were old friends!
I would highly recommend this hotel, a great Premier Inn with great staff

Dear Madkaz2,

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such great feedback. I'm sure Anders and Andrew will be over the moon to know they gave such good service.
I'll also pass on your comments to our housekeeping and reception teams. They do a great job, don't they?
I'm so glad everyone made you feel at home - it's something we strive to do with all of our guests.

Thanks again!

Bradford
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Excellent Premier Inn, Stayed here many years ago. Refurb very good. Bought a meal deal for dinner & breakfast, great value for money. Comfortable room & bed, exceptionally clean. Plenty of car parking Good price for Edinburgh.

Dear TLSBradford,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We really do appreciate positive feedback and it gives us a boost whenever we get a 5 star review!

I will make sure to let our housekeeping team know about your comments on the cleanliness of your room. They work really hard to keep our guests happy and they will be pleased that you found time to let us know your thoughts.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've always steered clear of Premier Inns, after a few problematic stays in other parts of the UK.
We needed somewhere to stay at very short notice, and this was certainly spot on! Booking via phone central booking was quick and the young man on the phone was very helpful, despite a very dodgy mobile line.
The staff on reception were very friendly and efficient. The room was simple but bright and just what we needed.
The staff in the pub restaurant attached to the hotel were great. The continental breakfast was great value, varied and ample. The waitress who served us our evening meal was possibly the funniest waitress I have ever met! It's not very often you get asked if you would like a free upgrade to 'chunkier chips'!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael J
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Michael,

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems with other Premier Inns prior to your stay with us. I do hope that your issues were dealt with swiftly and satisfactorily.
That said, I'm really glad that we have gone some way to turning your opinion around! It's really lovely to know that we made an impact.
I will certainly let the team know (and pass your comments on to the Beefeater team) that we added to your experience.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Bex Moylan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
Old Town
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel? Share your experiences!