We have just stayed here for 3 nights during February half term week. The hotel is very conveniently situated a short bus ride from the centre of Edinburgh (on several bus routes, with bus stops yards from the door in both directions), but is itself extremely quiet so ideal for getting a good sleep. Our rooms were large with very comfortable beds both for adults and children, and, as usual for Premier Inn, spotlessly clean; the Freeview channels which you get now as standard are always welcomed by all the family! Didn't really encounter any of the hotel staff apart from the lady when we checked in, but she was friendly enough.
The hotel's attached restaurant is a Beefeater, which we used for our breakfasts. These were perfectly fine, with hot food cooked to order and all other items self service. Not the best Premier Inn breakfasts we've ever had, and this is the only reason I've given rating 4 not 5, but far from the worst either.
The other positive point to note is that this hotel is very good value for money compared with other Edinburgh area hotels and we got our rooms on the £29 per night deal.
Would we recommend this hotel to others? Definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Portobello Beach, Holyrood Park and the stunning views from Arthur's Seat ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Premier Inn and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel Scotland