Stayed for two nights here 13/10/13
Arrived around 930ish after just a short walk from the train station.
There are stairs to get up to the reception/ accommodation and found these no problem to get up even with a torn calf muscle ouch! (from running in a 10k trail race earlier in the day)
On arriving was greeted by the owner Harry-superbly friendly and welcoming.
Our double room we had was clean as was the en-suite- the welcome tray was well stocked with teas/coffee ect . with fresh clean towels on the rail
the bed was firm but comfortable and the room the heating on making the room warm and pleasant (my partner over packed the night wear, thinking Scottish Guest Houses would be cold at night, though she's used to camping in a tent lol )
the breakfasts were great plenty of tea & coffee on offer with cereals and fresh fruits and a very nice full Scottish breakfast.
We enjoyed our short trip and this was a truly great place to stay.
The only down side to it was that we had to go home :-(
Elder York is some where we will stay again when in Edinburgh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No smoking, homely guest house on 3rd and 4th floor of a grade A listed building, very central location, clean and comfortable with a highly recommended breakfast to suite all appetites. Small pets welcome on agreement, very helpful staff. We aim to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Elder York Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elder York Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Elder York Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland