We stayed for 1 night whilst taking part in the Edinburgh Moonwalk. The hotel was easy to get to from the airport, the new tram line stops almost outside the hotel and is £5 one way or £8 return. Yes there are lots of stairs but didn't find this a problem. The hotels location is great for exploring the sights of the city. Wonderful breakfast, lovely clean rooms with great facilities for a B&B, tea and coffee making, TV, wifi and even toiletries in the shower room. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The wonderful lady (sorry don't know you name) who was there for most of our stay was lovely, welcoming and went over and above in customer service. We had checked out of our room but need to come back and get changed for our walk that night. We returned from sightseeing at 7pm, soaked to the skin. She let us relax in the breakfast room and fetched us a lovely pot of tea and some biscuits. Just what we needed. Will definitely be back the the Elder York when we return for the Moonwalk next year. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No smoking, homely guest house on 3rd and 4th floor of a grade A listed building, very central location, clean and comfortable with a highly recommended breakfast to suite all appetites. Small pets welcome on agreement, very helpful staff. We aim to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Elder York Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elder York Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Elder York Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland