I was in Edinburgh for the military tattoo and festival and spent one night at the Elder York having reserved it many months before my date of travel. If you are travelling from Edinburgh airport then take the new tram and you will find that the city-centre terminus at York Place is less than one minute from the hotel. I found the hotel to be very well appointed with the breakfast offering being way above the standard that you would expect for the price. My room was very comfortable with a good-sized bed and outside (but not shared) bathroom which was very clean and had a good shower with plenty of hot water. My only slight niggle was the noise that was coming from the street until 5 in the morning (However, this is Edinburgh at Festival time so to be expected)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No smoking, homely guest house on 3rd and 4th floor of a grade A listed building, very central location, clean and comfortable with a highly recommended breakfast to suite all appetites. Small pets welcome on agreement, very helpful staff. We aim to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Elder York Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elder York Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Elder York Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland