“Great Italian Food”

Ranked #295 of 2,626 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Bella Italia have over 100 Italian restaurants across the UK serving pizza, pasta, Italian classics and more, made with ingredients from Italian-family producers.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Dined her with friends during a visit to Edinburgh at the beginning of June. Saturday night about 8pm and as expected very busy. had to wait for a table, there was 6 in my our party. Once seated the waitress was very efficient. Drinks came quickly, and starters not long after ordering. Great food, you have to try the 'Filo Prawns' and the 'Lamb Calzone' both excellent, make you own mind up about the desert, but mine was fab. We all enjoyed our meal and I would certainly recommend the Bela Italia, if visiting Edinburgh and you are near, the Bridges and Royal Mile.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Good service considering how busy it was the evening we visited. Open plan kitchen adds to the atmosphere too. The duck pasta dish while idiosyncratic was actually very tasty.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I went with my family to Bella Italia just because we couldn't find any other place in the city center with free tables. But as we like Italian cuisine, we thought - why not?

First thing that comes to my mind apart from food itself is the service. Lot's of staff, chatting away near customer tables. It's a little bit off putting. I wouldn't mind that if they would do that somewhere that's not visible to the customers.
You have to ask for salt and pepper as there are none on the tables.

The food itself is really overpriced and average. My main dish (an oven baked pasta with chicken and pancetta) was so dry, that it was almost impossible to eat!

The only good thing ate the desserts. Expensive, but really tasty. Then again, I wouldn't go to a restaurant just for desserts.

Won't be visiting again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Called in for lunch when in Edinburgh. The restaurant was busy but we were found a table straight away. We wanted the special lunch menu but were given the large menus and had to ask for the special lunch menu which is very annoying why carnt they bring both together. We ordered the paninis with fries and both were hot and nice. Our waiter Michael was efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Too many tables in a small place. Not good food, bad service. They don't bring cheese for spaggeti if you don't ask for it. There is not peper on the tables. Cheap service but high prices. I have visited many Bella Italia around UK but this was not good.