All I can say is : wow. We stayed here initially for one night at the beginning of our stay on Scotland and reserved another night at the end of our stay. I have rarely stayed in a place that oozes with such care, taste, and class. And all this for such a reasonable price! The hosts of Adria House, Maria and her brother Eddie, are warm, knowledgable, and... Incredible hosts! Eddie patiently answered our questions about the history of the building, and Maria took the time to fill us in on the things to do in the area. The rooms feel like "home" and the house itself is impeccable. Breakfast was delicious (choices of hot and cold). We stayed in a room that did not have an en suite bathroom but no matter - bathrobes were provided to us as well as a key to a private bathroom outside the room. All in all, an excellent stay and we recommend this place to anyone staying in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-run Adria House offers charming, comfortable accommodation and good value for it's central location. It is within easy walking distance of the main bus and train stations and also near many of Edinburgh's principal cultural, historical and retail landmarks. Situated on Calton Hill within a UNESCO World Heritage Site and once a fashionable society house, the Adria House embodies much of the Georgian architecture and decorative elegance associated with the period found within Edinburgh's New Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Adria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adria House Hotel Edinburgh
- Adria House Edinburgh, Scotland