“Good”

Ranked #167 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Carnoustie
“Good”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here for one night to go to the rugby at Murrayfield. Excellent location and very friendly host who welcomed us a with a complimentary glass of wine. The room was lovely and clean with everything you could need for a pleasant night stay. The beds were comfy and breakfast was fine although a bit too much haggis for my liking. All in all a very nice guest house and good value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My partner booked this trip as a surprised for an anniversary. It was nice and a lovely weekend but I think it was just too expensive for what you got. Edinburgh price are more than they should be. The room was clean and well decorated, but I found it quite dark and stuffy. The complimentary sherry was cheap and left a very bitter almond taste in my mouth after one sip. Breakfast was okay but I think I was expecting gold plated sausages.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I spent a long time looking on tripadvisor for a place for my husband and I to stay on our first trip to Scotland. I very much relied on the reviews of others. Wasn't sure whether to stay in a hotel or a B & B. We had never stayed in a B & B before. When I discovered the Kingsburgh House and read the wonderful reviews, I knew that was where we wanted to stay. We were not disappointed! It is simply a beautiful old home - wonderful architecture - hidden behind trees but right on the main street - and close to a bus stop and a short ride into downtown Edinburgh or the airport. Now for the Kingsburgh House itself... I can't remember the name of our room but it was at the top of the stairs on the left. The room was small but beautifully decorated...the bed extremely comfortable..the bath was small..but recently remodeled and very pretty...all the towels smelled so nice...and the shower stall was very interesting but fine once you figured out how to use it. In our room, we had a complimentary sherry decanter, chocolates and other goodies each day...along with a little tea pot and all the fixings for a nice cup of tea after touring the city all day! Each day we were asked what time we'd like to have breakfast the next morning. And - the breakfasts were scrumptious!! We had a choice...either a typical Scottish breakfast (which I highly recommend) or cereal, yogurt, fruit, breads, cheeses, etc. Or - a little of both! As our flight out of Scotland left early on our final morning and we wouldn't be there for breakfast, the hosts asked if we'd like to have something to take with us. Well - what waited outside of our door the next morning was an incredible packed breakfast bag filled with little sandwiches and all kinds of yummy things we could eat on the run. This place is a GEM!!! I would highly recommend the Kingsburgh House!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy L
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Found on the Internet based pretty much on its proximity to the conference centre I was speaking at the next day, I couldn't have been more delighted with what I'd found. Hidden behind trees and looking as though it wanted its secret maintained, the hotel generated the 'is this the right place?' thought in my mind as it looked far too good to be true, and then to be welcomed by name without me needing to introduce myself confirmed that I had got it very much right indeed.

The friendly welcome aside, the room we were taken to had a four poster bed, complementary sherry and was beautifully decorated (perhaps the order I have placed those factors says too much about me!). We were made to feel incredibly welcome, with breakfast served at exactly the time we had requested it, and the more mundane aspects such as checkout were personalised too. The abiding memory is that of going to stay with a very well-to-do member of the family in their sumptuous house, and that says much for the attention that we received on arrival - which was not intrusive but just exactly the right amount.

Perhaps I shouldn't write this, as I would quite like to keep the secret to myself...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The service here is excellent, friendly and helpful. Very highly recommended. We stayed here for 4 nights, I thought it was a bit expensive for the room we got, but I can understand why this place is so highly recommended: the service and the hosts.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Oscar P
Edinburgh
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The welcome was very friendly. Our room looks very nice, the bed was wide and comfortable. The breakfast was so excellent, we can say it was the best in our scotland-journey. We could recommend this Hotel for 100%.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Munich
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This B&B is very nice, but if you book the lowes room category, there is nothing too fancy about it. Rooms are clean and the breakfast is very good, with a lot of choice like fresh berries, etc.
Hosts were very helpful. We could check in quite early, as the room was already cleaned, which was comfortable for us.
Would probably go back there.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are quite noisy apparently.