“Absolutely awesome!”

Ranked #45 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Berlin, Germany
“Absolutely awesome!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We unfortunatel only spent one night in this hotel and we loved it. The staff at the reception was lovely and very helpful. We also enjoyed all the great features of the room - especially the iPod plug in.

The location is very central and everything is in walking distance. Only minus would be that if your room faces the street it can get rather noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ms_moemoe
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
ms_moemoe,

It’s great to hear such fantastic feedback about our brand new hotel product, and I am so pleased that you chose to write a review to share your experience with future guests!

I do hope you will come back and see us again soon; please contact us directly to ensure you receive the best returner rate.

Rachel & The Grassmarket Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This is my second time in this hotel. I decided to come back as I remember the beds being very good and cosy and I had an amazing surprise as I found out the hotel it's been refurbished and looks really good. The staff at the reception, Sarah and Kim had been very friendly and helpful and they made me feel at home. The location can't be more central than this and the price it's even better!! I will come back again and again and again. Very happy!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank scaparros
Hi scaparros,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of your recent stay with us – it’s lovely to hear nice things!

I’ll pass on your kind comments to Sara and Kim – they will be very happy to have been mentioned :-)

Hope to see you again soon!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights in Edinburgh at the weekend. Quirky hotel, cosy rooms, comfy bed, friendly staff (especially Sarah) we will definitely go back. Only one thing we didn't like the prices went up on Saturday night probably due to Rugby international

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank cathy528
Hi Cathy,

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is just about as central as you'd want to be in Edinburgh. We stayed here for a mini break and we managed to see so many sites within 4 days that it felt like a week! The staff were friendly and helpful. The photos on the website are exactly as the hotel looked in real life. The room itself (we were on the 4th floor) was clean and equipped with the amenities as promised. You can hear the noise from the street but that's the compromise for being right in the middle of everything. There are several amazing restaurants within a 10 minute walk. The hotel is quirky, fun and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SvenskTjej
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Hi SvenskTjej,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about your recent stay with us here at The Grassmarket Hotel.

I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms, quirky room amenities and our fantastic city centre location.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in November as a little Christmas treat for him, as he will be working away during December. I found this hotel using tripadvisor, and although a little apprehensive due to some of the reviews I decided to give it a go as the location was perfect and the price was very good for Edinburgh.

On hearing the reason for our stay, the hotel upgraded our room and left some chocolates in our room.. such a lovely surprise for my boyfriend and made our weekend even more special.

The hotel was very easy to find, and although a slight walk from the train station it wasn't the worst. Our room wasn't ready on arrival, however our bags were stored and we were able to explore the grassmarket. Lovely bars and restaurants in very close proximity.

Our room was fabulous. Very clean and modern. The shower was lush. Dandy wallpaper was such a quirky touch and I loved it! We had lots of fun planning our weekend using the magnet wall map. Although the hotle doesn't have a bar, it is joined to an Irish pub which was lovely for a drink before our meal and also had live music (which i love!).

I will most certianly be returning to the Grassmarket Hotel, hopefully in the very near future!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PlanningForFun
Hi PlanningForFun,

It’s great to hear such fantastic feedback about our Hotel, and I am so pleased that you chose to write a review to share your experience with future guests!

Rachel Duff
Reviewed 13 November 2013

All I can say is that this Hotel has everything. Clean, modern, super friendly staff, good breakfast and its location is superb. If I will visit Edinburgh again, my choice would be Grassmarket Hotel!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kordina
Hi Kordina,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh :-)

It’s great to hear such positive feedback and I will pass it on personally to the staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Grassmarket Hotel in Edinburgh delivers what it promises and at a very good price. The room I stayed in was very small but extremely comfortable and clean and with a really nice bathroom. The hotel has invested in nice quirky little extras such as an iPod-dock (with a speaker in the bathroom!) and good Scottish teacakes. For a visitor coming from Scandinavia I especially appreciated the well-functioning hot water and warm air-conditioning (no double-glazing here!!!!).

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a quiet room as one of the most popular local pubs happens to be next door to th...