Grassmarket Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$207
US$187
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$150
US$356
US$325
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$152
US$221
US$201
2,346 results
All reviewsteacakesquirky hotelbiddy mulligansdandy wallpapertea cakesmagnetic mapgreat locationadjoining pubmagnetic wallcomic bookipod dockpub next doorroyal milebox of chocolatesgrass marketsingle roomlittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very clean and tidy. Just like your home. You will find anything you need in Grassmarket hotel. Very highly recommended. Lift not fully available, which caused a little inconvenience. A pub is close to the hotel which offers a discount for customers living there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank slmjlf
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Hi slmjlf,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of your recent stay with us here in Scotland :-)

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to others! As you have noted, due to the age of the building not all rooms are lift accessible – though we are always willing to carry luggage and assist our guests wherever possible during their stay!

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Excellent location close to the Castle , very nice place to stay, great service and extremely helpful staff :) I would recommend it. Definitely I will be back :)
P. S And I simply love the design.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank shenanka
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Hi Shenanka,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review of your stay :-)

It sounds like you had a great time visiting us in Edinburgh, and I do hope you will return again soon!

Best Wishes,

Rachel Duff

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Would just like to say a big thankyou to the grass market hotel for making our stay so pleasurable! A special effort was made for our special occasion and excellent little touches went a long way! The staff were efficient and extremely helpful and the rooms quirky and cool! I will definitely back to stay very soon and would reccomend to all my family and friends! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jonnyward91
VenueGeneralManager, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Hi Jonny,

It was our absolute pleasure having you as a guest with us, and I do hope you return to stay with us again soon!

I’m so pleased you had a 5 star worthy stay with us and that you would recommend us to others.

All the best,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I spent two nights here with my girlfriend, first time ever in Edinburgh. I chose this hotel based on the good rate and location. So much nicer than a branded boring hotel and cool decoration. Clean room that was cosy and overlooking the Grassmarket. Nice bed, perfect shower. I couldnt have wished for anything more. The receptionist even suggested the nicest restaurant in town to us (one of the cosiest places I have ever been to). Thanks for this, Sara!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dieniel

Hi Dieniel,

Thank you so much for the great review – it is lovely to hear such positive feedback about your stay with us!

I will make sure to share your sentiments personally with Sara; I am sure she will be delighted :-)

It sounds like you had a great first trip to Edinburgh, and I hope we can welcome you back again on your next visit to Scotland.

Best Wishes,

Rachel Duff

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Best service I have had from a hotel and it came from this cheap and quirky place - my room was fantastic - a small single with fantastic shower in the bathroom! Got a call and e-mail from them the week before my stay to see if they could do anything in preparation for my stay, offered help ordering taxi to and from theatre and arranged to get my room ready before the official check-in time, so I could get settled before I had to go out. Location is awesome and great grub in the attached bar, with an awesome cooked breakfast in the morning and a massive portion at lunchtime!

Room Tip: At the weekend you would probably want a room away from the front of the building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank stuartayr

Hi Stuart,

Thank you so much for the lovely review of your stay with us :-)

I’m so pleased to hear you found the service to be fantastic; from the pre-stay courtesy call to the service during your stay – we aim to provide the best service we can for all our guests!

Hope to see you again soon!