Grassmarket Hotel
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$272
  • Bar/Lounge
US$185
US$171
US$144
US$133
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$130
US$191
US$177
Orbitz.com
US$167
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
Novotel Edinburgh Centre(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$161
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$258
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$130
Travelocity
2,340 results
All reviewsteacakesquirky hotelbiddy mulligansdandy wallpapertea cakesmagnetic mapgreat locationadjoining pubmagnetic wallcomic bookipod dockpub next doorroyal milebox of chocolatesgrass marketsingle roomlittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I (the grandparents) took our two grandsons, 18 and 16 to visit Scotland from Houston Tx.
The location was perfect, the atmosphere was great. So much activity going on, it was a bit noisy in the evenings but we were there during the Tattoo so this was not unexpected. Loved the funky rooms, the wallpapers were of our era.

Room Tip: Our rooms were allocated by the hotel so have no idea what other rooms were like.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Galveston75
Central E, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hello Galveston75.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review based on your recent stay with us here at the Grassmarket Hotel, we love to hear our guests feedback.

I fully agree, our location in the heart of the City is great, there's so much to do and see and with the Edinburgh International Fringe Festival in full swing and the Fire Works from the Edinburgh Military Tattoo just above us, there's certainly a buzz in the air.

I'm pleased to hear that you found our design funky, we're very proud of our quirky hotel and the Beano and Dandy wallpaper seems to be a hit with many of our guests.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back in the near future whilst please do not hesitate to contact us directly for some great 'returners rates'

Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very central location for Festival and restaurants. Very modern boutique hotel with clever stark modern design. The shape of the toilet seat is very strange and I believe is not good. Otherwise the plumbing was excellent. A pity that one has to eat breakfast in the adjoining Irish pub which I guess owns the hotel but is not so clean and modern as the Grassmarket.

Room Tip: No idea but we had a room facing onto the street which was very nice. The double glazing and black out blinds meant there was no problem from street lights or noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 113Marion
Central E, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hello 113Marion

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your recent visit to the Grassmarket Hotel, we really do appreciate all of our guests feedback, whether positive or not.

I'm delighted you loved our quirky design, we certainly are different. Our location is great, underneath Edinburgh Castle in the heart of Edinburgh's famous tourist district, there is always lots to do and get involved in.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience of having Breakfast in Biddy Mulligans wasn't great. We pride ourselves on offering a delicious Irish breakfast to our guests and I'll certainly look into this.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Grassmarket Hotel in the near future whilst don't forget about our 'returners rates'.

Kindest,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife, daughters and I stayed at this hotel last week during the Edinburgh festival. We extended our stay and that tells you all that you need to know. Sure it's small. Sure it's quirky. Sure we are fortunate enough to get to stay in the best 5 star hotels around the world but we stumbled on this unusual place by chance (at late notice). The staff were so friendly. We had a Gabriela in our party and they had one of their own send she was great. They also had an Andrea.....and she was incredibly helpful. Then....there is the manager.....he is totally can do. When I first arrived, I questioned my wife's sanity. We almost divorced over it! When we left......we were all a little sad. Well done Grassmarket Hotel. You guys make the most of a small canvas. Fantastic work by the whole team.

Room Tip: Third floor and above is best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vincent B

Hello Vincent B.

Thank you so very much for your review in regards to your stay here at the Grassmarket Hotel, I am grateful you took the time to let us know your thoughts as we really appreciate all of our guests feedback.

Gabriella and Andrea are delighted with your comments whilst I am very lucky to have them as apart of my team. We try really hard to ensure all of our guests receive the very best in service, good to know we're doing it right. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

Don't be too sad you had to leave us, your always welcome to come back and visit us again, of course we'll ensure you receive the great 'returners rates', just pop us an email and we'll take care of the rest. grassmarket@centraledinburghhotels.co.uk.

Thanks again & we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We chose it because of its central location for the fringe. It served us pretty well but we found the bedroom too small and the air conditioning noisy. The young staff were very helpful. We were not impressed by the breakfast on offer at the Irish pub next door and opted to go to Patisserie Valerie on King George IV St. five minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Central E, General Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello John R.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Grassmarket Hotel, we really appreciate all of our guests feedback.

I'm pleased that our location met your needs, we are in a great location for all the Festival activities and shows including some great Cafes & Bars whilst I'm delighted to hear that my team were able to assist you throughout your stay.

I'm am sorry to hear that you were disappointing with your room size and that the Room Temperature Control unit disturbed your sleep, a good nights sleep for our guests is always a priority for us. I will of course look into this straight away, whilst I will also look into the Breakfast options made available to you in Biddy Mulligans.

I do hope that you will revisit the Grassmarket Hotel again in the future from which please feel free to contact me directly at davidrushforth@g1group.co.uk

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Quirky, funky, unusual, comfortable, friendly, helpful.
A bit of a rabbit warren, but beautifully modernised with excellent bathroom.
Decent TV, pencil with sharpener! Dandy wallpaper on the walls.
We really enjoyed it.
Excellent location
Great breakfast with good choices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dot T
Central E, Manager at Grassmarket Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hi Dot T,

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review of your recent visit to the Grassmarket Hotel; it was a pleasure having you stay with us and it is fantastic to hear you had a great time.

I am to hear that you enjoyed the unique features such as Dandy and Beano wall paper, HD sky TVs and excellent bathrooms; the Rainfall showers I have to agree are amazing and one of my favourite things about the rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Karen & The Grassmarket Hotel Team